Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we all just a bunch of glory hunters ??!!!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Of course we are! When you are on the cusp of being promoted to the Premier League isn't that hunting for glory? You've earned that entitlement by playing bloody good football, and as supporters, we are part of that.

Perhaps the glory hunter that you're referring to is the instant "fan" who will chose the likes of Chelsea or Man.City or Man.Utd or Liverpool etc. because . . . . they just want to be associated with the success bit. Once their chosen team hits the buffers they'll bugger off as quickly as they arrived - and good riddance!

^ this.

He accused you of following a proper team, not a Top 4 team. I'd take that as a compliment.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
^ this.

He accused you of following a proper team, not a Top 4 team. I'd take that as a compliment.
Precisely. Look at your team, averaging a good 10k more in the first division than the second and not a single glory hunter among them,

:wink:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Well IF we get promoted our crowds will swell by what, 2-4k?Compared to a lot of teams who would be anything up to 10k. Doesn't sound like your typical glory hunter club to me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well IF we get promoted our crowds will swell by what, 2-4k?Compared to a lot of teams who would be anything up to 10k. Doesn't sound like your typical glory hunter club to me.

Come on, the demand would far exceed that. We'd have another 10k demand just as other clubs have had, just no room for them. Thankfully we have a large and loyal ST base already.

They'll be 'dormant' fans coming out the woodwork reciting tales from the late 70's (they're all welcome) and another lot who would want to come and support us for 22 games until chelsea visited.

Let's not pretend we have any fewer 'plastics' waiting in the wings than any other club.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've been going to games for about 27 years, so I missed out on the Div 1 days. My 27 years have seen more downs than ups (until recent years), and very little in the way of glory.

Compare this to my die-hard Arsenal supporting colleague, who never misses a home game, has gone to Europe watching them, and most of the away grounds. Plenty of glory, success, trophies.

But I said to him, you really have missed out. You have never experienced promotion. You've never survived last day relegation fights. You've never experienced a group of fans pulling together, fighting for their club's future.

I'm glad I've had all these bad times, it will make the eventual promotion to the Prem even more sweeter.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I've been going to games for about 27 years, so I missed out on the Div 1 days. My 27 years have seen more downs than ups (until recent years), and very little in the way of glory.

Compare this to my die-hard Arsenal supporting colleague, who never misses a home game, has gone to Europe watching them, and most of the away grounds. Plenty of glory, success, trophies.

But I said to him, you really have missed out. You have never experienced promotion. You've never survived last day relegation fights. You've never experienced a group of fans pulling together, fighting for their club's future.

I'm glad I've had all these bad times, it will make the eventual promotion to the Prem even more sweeter.

100% This. Nothing will surpass that day at Hereford and how I felt. 2011 and the first game at the Amex came close. Promotion to the EPL will be amazing if it happens but our future doesn't depend on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here