Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we all just a bunch of glory hunters ??!!!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Fans drawn back to the glorious blue and white cause by the chase for The Premier League can hardly be accused of glory hunting - the lure of playing teams like Swansea, Bournemouth, West Brom, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Watford, Leicester, Southampton etc. is hardly 'glory' is it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Remember standing in the queue at the Goldstone for the last night game (Barnet?) and the guy behind us was having a little moan about how many people had showed up and used the term glory hunters. There was a pause as just how ridiculous that sounded sunk in and him and his mates laughed. We were bottom of the football league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only reason I've ever been interested in my low league local team is because of the glory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My kids are, glory hunting w******s.

Their first game was that game v Donny.

My first game was the night Arsenal ran riot through the North Stand, and some bloke stood my head using it as a step down as he scaled the fence.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Archie Macaulay 1963-1964 and we went up as champions in 64-65 - what glory!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yep that's me love our trips to Wembley and annual campaigns in Europe...oh wait a minute.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure that a fair proportion of our crowd live locally but used to follow other clubs and are now making the emotional transition to becoming Albion fans. My dad went through that in the 60s. I thought getting those people in was one of the purposes in building the stadium.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The 5000-8000 who went to Withdean were not the same 5000-8000 who went every week..... the 10000-30000 who went to the Goldstone were also not the same ones who went each week.... we have a huge fan base, always have, but of course league position and ground shenanigans dictated the numbers and enthusiasm at any given time.

Now that we have all those factors coming together on the up..... more of those irregulars become regulars, and they bring their friends and or family..... happy days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
being a northerner I started supporting the albion in 1982, obvious near glory in 83 made my bonding period set in cement. So yes a glory hunter here.

larus

Well, I was a season ticket holder for 5 years at Withdean, but circumstances have changed to can' get too many games. I got to the Forest away game. Does that make me a massochist? Let's face it - it was bloody grim there.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We sang nothing but "glory, glory..." on the way to Priestfield for two solid seasons. For those of here on the Kent/Sussex border it felt like we were winners, as our journey was only an hour!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've been 'glory hunting' since the 1987 relegation season.

I remember when Sussex won the county championship in 2003 and people turned up for games who hadn't been to the county ground in years. It wasn't glory hunting - it was simply people of Sussex coming together in excitement and celebration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here