Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we about to ruin Lens' season?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Frank Haise now evens favourite with the bookies.

I know a Lens fan who is incandescent. We can't exactly complain about being shafted by Chelsea if we do the same to Lens, can we?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably going to steal someones manager yes. And they, in turn, will likely steal someone elses. And so it goes.

Just choosing between different unemployed managers would be very limiting.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Either them or another club - Yes. Such is the football world. They’ll get over it as should we.

Striking sinilarities though - they are having their best-ever season. Lost some of their best players over the summer but after seven games are undefeated and second in the table to PSG.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Either them or another club - Yes. Such is the football world. They’ll get over it as should we.

I agree with you on this, and NSC (and other BHA socials) has been dreadful over the last week or so in not moving out of the 'shock'/denial stage of grief over Potter, Bruno, etc. That said, there is an alternative to upsetting any club, and that is to employ someone not currently attached to a club (eg De Zerbi).
It also brings the benefit of no buy out fees, but we should have every confidence that B, B & W will bring a range of factors into consideration, not just this.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It has been happening for years and will continue to happen for many more years - it’s football

It shouldn't happen though.There should be a transfer window for managers. Outside the window, clubs should only be able to recruit out of contract managers or promote internally.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It shouldn't happen though.There should be a transfer window for managers. Outside the window, clubs should only be able to recruit out of contract managers or promote internally.

This. Until a managerial transfer window is introduced, it is inevitable once the 1st team sack their manager.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course we can – that's how football works and, frankly, it has amazed me that it's taken until the Potter departure for some people to realise it. Lucky the hierarchy of (well-run) clubs adopt the 'expect the unexpected' because the vast amount of fans don't.

I get what you're saying, but there's nothing to stop, say, Brighton, doing that and getting an out of work manager and sticking with Crofts, Lallana and co until the 'right' manager is available. That would show they were a club with principles, but it wouldn't happen because of what I've already written above!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Dont disagree with any of that... though IMO there shouldn't be any transfers at all in football.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dont disagree with any of that... though IMO there shouldn't be any transfers at all in football.

I do kind of like the idea of having a manager and a squad and having to stick with them for the whole season, but I guess it's only fair to have a mid-season window in case key players get injured and need replacing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you Todd Boehly ?

Nope, quite the opposite.

Teams should only be allowed to use local players.

"But then the player could just move to another city..?"

Well to prevent that, all players (and other employees) in a league should have the same initial wage which will increase by x% for each year you stay with the same club.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Frank Haise now evens favourite with the bookies.

I know a Lens fan who is incandescent. We can't exactly complain about being shafted by Chelsea if we do the same to Lens, can we?

If we take Haise and his staff that's one thing.

If we took staff that pre-dated Haise's tenure and were also Lens legends it'd be a fair comparison.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If we took staff that pre-dated Haise's tenure and were also Lens legends it'd be a fair comparison.

Can't take anyone as it would break laws against kidnapping and possibly human trafficking.

Could make them an offer however.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Not unless you add 'tapping up the manager in disguise of negotiating the purchase of one of their players'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nope, quite the opposite.

Teams should only be allowed to use local players.

"But then the player could just move to another city..?"

Well to prevent that, all players (and other employees) in a league should have the same initial wage which will increase by x% for each year you stay with the same club.

Interesting idea.

How local? What would be your rule about who could play for Fulham, QPR and Chelsea, all a stone's throw from each other?

Dundee and Dundee United would be a problem too.

And does this stretch to Non League sides, so if you're from Whitehawk you couldn't play for Brighton?

I look forward to an in depth explanation of your plans.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here