Are villa about to go down?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Bent ruled out for the season, Keane gone back and only 8 from the relegation zone with Blackburn away next and Arsenal and Chelsea in next 4 games

Can really see them going down this season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They are in danger of "sleepwalking" into danger it has to be said.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
It depends how he wants to go about this....

Ideally most supporters want to see Gabby put back up front (his natural spot) with Zoggy and Albrighton put out wide......

Most likely AM will put Heskey up front and keep Gabby out on the wing.....

goodoldsussexbythesea

North Stand STH
Sep 2, 2011
Westdene
I am a Villa/Brighton fan living in Brighton (spare the "you can't support 2 teams" because I do, and both for good reasons), anyway, I can see why you are asking this question, last season, blues had 1 more point than us at this stage of the campaign. However, last season, the amount of points to stay safe was quite high, whereas this season, teams are doing alot worse. One reason why I think this thread is a bit OTT is because of the fact that Villa are 6 points behind 8th, and 7 points ahead of 16th, it is extremely tight in the middle at the moment. Whilst we do play negative, regressive football under McLies, I still think we will beat the drop, but I am desperate to see the real Villa again, we are sleeping giants atm, and deserve to be higher up in the league IMO, but since Martin O'Neill spent millions and millions of Randy Lerner's money and couldn't excel 6th, Randy had to make cut-backs, which he is doing now, taking people off the wage bill, spending less on players etc, as good as he has been to us I think & hope we will see the back of Randy in the not too distant future, as I cannot see the club progressing under him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really cannot see any risk because there are some genuinely poor teams at the bottom this season who would struggle to catch Villa even if they didn't win another game over the next two months but that said, McLeish is spectacularly underachieving whilst managing to play the worst football I have seen from Villa in the thirty odd years I have lived up here. One of the poorest managers ever to grace the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Villa going down this season? No chance!

Can Wolves, QPR, Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan overtake them? - possibly any of them, but not three of them

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whatever happens to them it seems the natives are getting restless!

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Maybe you are right, I do think it will be close though, I just cannot see who is going to get them goals other than Gabby Agbonlahor, if they lose to Blackburn on Saturday the gap will be 5 points and they have Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in the next 6 games following and can see them getting nothing from them 4 with the final two games against Spurs and away at Norwich which I would not back them to get points from if they need it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports