Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any GOOD THINGS about getting relegated?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was looking at this Tuesday night. Now normally I do not care that much what division we are in, promotion and relegation are part of football and ups and downs are part of being a fan. However, making assumptions that the relegation places stay as the are (with the first play off place being promoted and us swapping with Millwall). We will playing in the North constantly.

Northern Teams:
Wigan, Blackpool, Preston, Oldham, Sheffield United, Chesterfield, Bradford, Fleetwood, Walsall, Doncaster, Rochdale, Notts County, Port Vale, Barnsley, Crewe, Scunthorpe, Coventry, Shrewsbury, Burton,

Southern Teams:
Peterborough, Gillingham, Wycombe, Southend

It is going to be expensive to do all the aways if we get relegated that is for sure. On the plus side there are 7 new grounds for me there.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Best stadium in League 1

This - after all those years at Withdean it will finally be us shouting " shit ground, no fans ......... ".

And we can renew our rivalry with Leyton Orient - oh hang on............... ( I'll update this post in May, they're in even deeper sh*t than we are ).

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was looking at this Tuesday night. Now normally I do not care that much what division we are in, promotion and relegation are part of football and ups and downs are part of being a fan. However, making assumptions that the relegation places stay as the are (with the first play off place being promoted and us swapping with Millwall). We will playing in the North constantly.

Northern Teams:
Wigan, Blackpool, Preston, Oldham, Sheffield United, Chesterfield, Bradford, Fleetwood, Walsall, Doncaster, Rochdale, Notts County, Port Vale, Barnsley, Crewe, Scunthorpe, Coventry, Shrewsbury, Burton,

Southern Teams:

It is going to be expensive to do all the aways if we get relegated that is for sure. On the plus side there are 7 new grounds for me there.
I remember an identical situation during the Withdean era, but I can't for the life of me think of the details.

I'm going to guess getting promoted from Div 4 saved the Albion about 3,000 miles of travelling.
But annoyingly all of that might be wrong except for the principle.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I haven't looked at League 2 recently but I assume Pompey are ROMPING to the title (perhaps they've already got promoted). This means we'll get to once again welcome the GREATEST fans in the World to The Amex :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Smaller queues for everything.
Plenty of space to spread out.
Higher concentration of hardcore Brighton fans.
Ticket price reduction?
More opportunities for academy/DS players.
Terraces at away games.
We might start winning a few home games again.

1) Smaller queues..yes...but fewer staff serving...so no difference in waiting times.
2) Only applicable if you weigh 30 stone...plenty of room now.
3) Only if certain areas were closed off.
4) Not much reduction for STH's...possible discounts for packages.
5) Agree with that.
6) No thanks...had 30+years of that!
7) ' Fortress Amex '....now who said that? .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Northern Teams:

Southern Teams:

Don't know how you've decided Coventry is Northern yet Peterborough is Southern ???

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I haven't looked at League 2 recently but I assume Pompey are ROMPING to the title (perhaps they've already got promoted). This means we'll get to once again welcome the GREATEST fans in the World to The Amex :thumbsup:

I can remember their fans singing ' we're going on a League One tour ' when they came to the Amex ( 2012/13 ? )

16th place at the moment and 12 points off the play-offs. Ho-hum.................

We have to make sure we don't follow their example.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
The only positive thing is I might be able to move near my hubby and friends if people don't renew there ST if we go down. Apart from that there is nothing positive about being relegated it will be nerve racking end to the season if we don't start winning games

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Northern Teams:

Southern Teams:

Being northern based, that looks good, and cheaper entry prices too. Hope it doesn't happen though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You keep saying this, yet you will have to decide whether to renew our not long before you know which division we'll be playing in.

What are you going to do?

And I keep telling you its on monthly DD so I can cancel it. The day we get relegated is the day I cancel the DDM*.

Maybe on Monday if we are relegated on a Saturday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think I may have one, although it depends on the extent of TB's generosity: From what I can understand, there is no limit to the amount of money that a chairman is allowed to inject into a club as long as it's not a loan.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We'd romp to the title and win the JPT at Wembley. Everyone would say getting relegated was the best thing ever as we pick up two trophies and put together a hungry young squad playing with confidence who then rip up the Championship and take us up to the Premier League for a season of misery.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And I keep telling you its on monthly DD so I can cancel it. The day we get relegated is the day I cancel the DDM*.

Maybe on Monday if we are relegated on a Saturday.

The DD mandate cannot just be cancelled it is a legally binding credit agreement. If you cancel the club pass it on to a debt collecting agency to collect the balance. This is what I was told when Bens mate wanted to cancel and Ben wanted to buy the seat for his sister who is under 16. Apparently after 3 non payments the seat is cancelled and the debt then passed on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here