Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Sheffield weds a bigger club than Leeds Utd?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It has to be Sheff Wed.

Aren't they also the best at 'banter' in the world too? If my memory serves me right, they destroyed us with their quick thinking wit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Rumour has it that if Wednesday and Leeds spend too many seasons in the same divisions, the combined gravitational effects of their bigness will create a supermassive black hole that engulfs the universe.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sheffield being bigger than Leeds too,I'm sure if Sheffield had one team,the city would have alot more success to brag about

Leeds is the third biggest city in the country. Sheffield is considerably smaller.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Leeds is the third biggest city in the country. Sheffield is considerably smaller.

I think they're roughly the same size (if you take the whole conurbation), but surely smaller than Manchester/Birmingham which are second/third biggest.

I remember I was looking at Sheffield Uni back in the day and when I went up to see the place, they spent the whole day going on about how they and the city were better than Leeds, which really put me off as Leeds wasn't one of my options. Fortunately I got into Nottingham anyway.

Now I really like Leeds as a city but not at all convinced by Sheffield.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think they're roughly the same size (if you take the whole conurbation), but surely smaller than Manchester/Birmingham which are second/third biggest.

I remember I was looking at Sheffield Uni back in the day and when I went up to see the place, they spent the whole day going on about how they and the city were better than Leeds, which really put me off as Leeds wasn't one of my options. Fortunately I got into Nottingham anyway.

As you say, really depends where you draw the lines. Especially with Manchester, all those Mill towns are/were places in their own right.

As to Sheffield vs Leeds as a place to be. Sheffield all day long for me. Better pubs, better clubs and nicer people in Sheffield from my experience.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As to Sheffield vs Leeds as a place to be. Sheffield all day long for me. Better pubs, better clubs and nicer people in Sheffield from my experience.

100% correct. Although I've nothing against Leeds (apart from their MASSIVE football club).

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Yes, I believe Sheffield Wednesday are a bigger club.

Just look at their history of League Champions and FA Cup final wins compared to Leeds. Also been in the League for longer.

Recent history may just be in Leeds favour but overall SW bigger.

Going by that rationale then Sunderland are bigger than Chelsea?

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

Leeds is bigger than Sheffield in terms of population and size.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here