Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are modern children over indulged?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why did you come back Harry ?

Good question, Alf. There is an emotional answer and a rational one (for want of a better word). The rational is that I got my PhD in Vancouver, and scoped around for the best place in the world to follow up my research. That was St Thomas' Hospital. I looked into other options, but the professor at STH invited me over, and wanted me to pursue my research agenda.

The emotional is, I wanted to come home. I love it here. The people, the humour, my own family . . . .the Albion.

No regrets.

I wanted to ask you something: why did you leave the services?

All the best.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I don't know about anyone else but pubs seem to be over run with kids these days and I mean babies and toddlers , drives me mad as the bars become gridlocked with prams everywhere, when my kids were that age I didn't feel the need to take em to the boozer with the Mrs.
Ditto..... kids have plenty of outlets socially..... play zones here there and everywhere.... keep proper pubs for adults to have some adult time..... kids out.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Absolutely spot on. A bloke I work with had a 3 week holiday in Greece with his wife whilst their 3 children stayed with the mother in law. Selfish self centred b******s. If you can't afford for the kids to go then you don't. Surely?

a week-end maybe ....but three weeks is a bit rough on the kids and the in laws.......deserves a :tosser: sign i'm afraid.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't know about anyone else but pubs seem to be over run with kids these days and I mean babies and toddlers , drives me mad as the bars become gridlocked with prams everywhere, when my kids were that age I didn't feel the need to take em to the boozer with the Mrs.

Sadly the only thing keeping pubs open is serving family meals. If you want them all to shut down then fine.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good question, Alf. There is an emotional answer and a rational one (for want of a better word). The rational is that I got my PhD in Vancouver, and scoped around for the best place in the world to follow up my research. That was St Thomas' Hospital. I looked into other options, but the professor at STH invited me over, and wanted me to pursue my research agenda.

The emotional is, I wanted to come home. I love it here. The people, the humour, my own family . . . .the Albion.

No regrets.

I wanted to ask you something: why did you leave the services?

All the best.
Your question deserves a proper answer mate , in a rush at the moment , so will answer tomorrow !!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The internet has a lot to answer for (it's also a fantastic resource) mainly the absence of delayed gratification as they can get whatever they want, whenever they want.

Remember looking forward to your favourite program, once a week.

It's made children very grabby and insular.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yes but it's the fault of all of us for making the streets and parks less child friendly. Modern kids are more dependent on mum and dad to entertain them than past generations.

There's a nice little playground right on the seafront road, somewhere between Portslade and Southwick.

I've driven past at all kinds of times of the day, weekdays and weekends, and have never ONCE seen a child playing there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here