Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are labour voters the worst losers in the history of the world?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Its a world wide thing. Over here the left are without a doubt the biggest cry babies going around. And their tears are full of spiteful venom.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've kept out of the political debate on here until now but this is the most pathetic thread I've ever seen. Ignoring the gloating that has been done by Tories in recent days, the fact is that scaremongering by the Tories won the election. They offered nothing positive, just vote Labour and get SNP, and for some reason 35% of the population who voted agreed with that (which due to the electoral system which has been forced on this country is enough to gain control of parliament).

This is ignoring the fact that Tories have significantly more funds to work with and the right wing press on their side, which makes for a really even contest. None of this is being a bad loser. Just fact.

With respect, 36.9% voted for them, not 35%. Its also a huge, almost certainly incorrect, assumption on your part that they all did so for no reason other than vote labour and get the SNP. The main plank of their policy was that they can be trusted on the economy, unlike Labour.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I am not bitter at all. There was a reason why Labour lost the election, and that needs to be addressed in the next five years. I am not someone who believes, like so many others, that the conservatives or conservative voters are evil. Though i would say that many right wingers on here have been bad winners.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I don't believe you can assume that the 33% of people who didn't vote are not in favour of a Tory Govt. You really have to assume that they are quite happy with whomever the 67% of us who did vote, voted in. If you seriously can't be arsed to find 5 minutes in a 15 hour time window to go and vote then you clearly don't care who you are governed by. And I say this having voted in a constituency that my vote would have no chance of influencing the outcome !!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its a world wide thing. Over here the left are without a doubt the biggest cry babies going around. And their tears are full of spiteful venom.[/QUOT

To be fair though it must be a bloody tough country to be leftie in, the majority of Aussies I've met are bullish racists only topped in their arrogance and judgement by white South Africans. Ghastly people.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've kept out of the political debate on here until now but this is the most pathetic thread I've ever seen. Ignoring the gloating that has been done by Tories in recent days, the fact is that scaremongering by the Tories won the election. They offered nothing positive, just vote Labour and get SNP, and for some reason 35% of the population who voted agreed with that (which due to the electoral system which has been forced on this country is enough to gain control of parliament).

This is ignoring the fact that Tories have significantly more funds to work with and the right wing press on their side, which makes for a really even contest. None of this is being a bad loser. Just fact.
It's not a 'fact' though is it.....not everyone who voted Tory did so because of the Labour/SNP 'threat'. The vast majority of the 36% have probably always voted Tory. It may be though that the threat convinced enough others to vote Tory to affect the final result.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given a choice of one government, most (ie, over 50%) people who voted probably wanted a tory government. ie, UKIP got 12.6% of the vote, and given a choice between Tory and Labour, most would have chosen Tory. Apply the same question to all, and the majority probably wanted a Tory government, so it's hardly an injustice that we've got one.
Do you not even realise that that is just your opinion?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Can someone explain to me where Giraffe has won one over the 'lefties'?

Is he considering his vote a moment of achievement?

Does this mean Things can only get better?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is why PR has got to be, in my opinion, the single most important issue in our democracy. Without it, our democracy is sick.

I think you are right. The next Labour leader has to come out strongly and seriously in favour of PR and other reforms of our politics. The strongest message to come from the last two governments has been the public's disillusion with politics and politicians. If any leader is to re-engage the electorate, they need to be making themselves distinct from the wrongs of the past. A Labour leader campaigning with PR as a central plank regardless of whether it would benefit the Labour Party would be a refreshing change to Blair and Brown who paid it lip-service, but bottled it in the face of the disadvantage it would give the party. It would have the immediate effect of defining the new leadership as people who do things because they believe them to be right, not because they happen to be politic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
With respect, 36.9% voted for them, not 35%. Its also a huge, almost certainly incorrect, assumption on your part that they all did so for no reason other than vote labour and get the SNP. The main plank of their policy was that they can be trusted on the economy, unlike Labour.

Sorry, I didn't mean they all voted Tory for that reason but the polls suggest that a lot of people changed quite late on and the suggestion is that fear of a Labour coalition with the SNP was a big factor. It was a major part of their campaign (whatever you might think) and in my view has completely fooled a lot of people into changing their mind.

Either way, this is a pathetic thread to start (by a mod) just aimed at winding people up (and no doubt he'll find it funny when people respond). I would have hoped that mods on here would know better.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sorry, I didn't mean they all voted Tory for that reason but the polls suggest that a lot of people changed quite late on and the suggestion is that fear of a Labour coalition with the SNP was a big factor. It was a major part of their campaign (whatever you might think) and in my view has completely fooled a lot of people into changing their mind.

Either way, this is a pathetic thread to start (by a mod) just aimed at winding people up (and no doubt he'll find it funny when people respond). I would have hoped that mods on here would know better.

Why do you say it fooled people? Isn't that what would have happened?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sorry, I didn't mean they all voted Tory for that reason but the polls suggest that a lot of people changed quite late on

That is one excuse for pollster inaccuracy, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Rather than guessing that millions of people sudden a collective change of heart, it is far more likely that far more people agree with Tory policies than are willing to say. This is a direct consequence of the shameful mud-slinging from the left.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair though it must be a bloody tough country to be leftie in, the majority of Aussies I've met are bullish racists only topped in their arrogance and judgement by white South Africans. Ghastly people.

Off the point, but do you see the irony in what you have written? Its essentially: 'I don't like racists; racists and South Africans.'

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

To be fair you need to get out more then. It's far easier being a leftie here. We dont have any UKIP style parties and 2 of our 3 major parties are full of left winger whingers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is one excuse for pollster inaccuracy, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Rather than guessing that millions of people sudden a collective change of heart, it is far more likely that far more people agree with Tory policies than are willing to say. This is a direct consequence of the shameful mud-slinging from the left.

What a joke. Are you having a laugh? The right control the press, the funds and everything else in this country. It is far more likely that people had a last minute change of heart as they began to fear a Labour/SNP coalition.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here