Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are games against Palace the ones you want to win the most?

Are games against Palace the ones you want to win the most?

• Under 20 and Yes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Under 20 and No

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20-40 and Yes

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • 20-40 and No

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • 40-60 and Yes

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • 40-60 and No

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Very old and Yes

Votes: 28 16.5%
  • Very old and No

Votes: 15 8.8%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not massively. Palace aren’t worth my time.

As for the fixture list coming out, I look more at whether we’re playing home or away at certain times (first / last / Boxing Day).

Last edited:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Very old apparently (64) and can obviously remember when there WAS no rivalry with Palace. It meant a lot when it started, but frankly since about 1988 I'd always been a bit 'meh' about it, I thought it had burnt itself out. However in the last couple of seasons I've felt the old stirrings again, certainly outside of the Top Six the Palace games are the ones I want to win the most.

I voted 'No' in the end because given a choice between beating Man U 4-0 and beating Palace 4-0 I'd pick Man U every time.

only just,i'm 58 and I've always remembered the rivalry

not with you there,would rather beat palace 4-0 than man utd

each to there own I guess

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Top one of those was this ex armchair Spurs fans first Albion game. I only went to see what the fuss about Malcolm Allison’s Palace was about :nono:

2-0 Sammy Nelson and you had Peter Taylor in your pocket :lolol:

My second game, I was at the front of a literally packed Chicken Run.

Even though I was just a primary school nipper, I loved hearing the abuse from the hordes against Taylor. Hooked for life after that on all things football.

Sammy Morgan tucking away one of his two goals.

E0A685E9-63EA-4A50-A228-1BAACB8B6D17.png

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’m still buzzing after demolishing Man U. Think I get more enjoyment beating the so called elite teams. Although it is nice beating them too. Age group 40-60.

This, I've hated Manure since we lost the cup final and at the time wasn't really fully aware of the rivalry between us and Palace, I'd probably only seen us play stains as a relatively 'local' team up until that point.

Never liked Stains, Palace just meh. Can't be bothered to have much of an opinion these days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I object strongly to the fact that, at the age of 64, I am regarded as very old. effing cheek.....

I didn't realise you're the same age as me. I thought you were a bit older......:wink:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There was a long period where Palace were literally leagues apart from Brighton, so I guess the Palace fans would have thought we were just an irrelevance at the time.
Glad to see that's all changed now, and the rivalry seems to be back again now.

I still get more satisfaction beating an elite club like Man Utd 4-0 though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here