Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are baby boomers taxed enough?

Are baby boomers taxed enough?

• No, there needs to considerably more taxation of their wealth

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • No, they need to be taxed a little bit more

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • They're taxed about the right amount

Votes: 42 27.1%
  • They're taxed too much, they need more tax relief

Votes: 33 21.3%

• Total voters

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Won’t this just be “tax Gen Z” in 30 years?

Do you really think most of Gen Z will have any kind of wealth in 30 years time?

Those with property and decent pensions will be the minority.

Most of them will be, for want of a better word, f***ed.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'm sad you see people who were born post the WW2, viewed like this.

Do you put all of us in the same category...? ( I'm post war etc, I'm a re-mainer ...living in France obviously...) . I pay taxes in the UK .

Seems to me that Mustafa II, would like to encourage a cleansing of my generation akin to the Nazi,s against the Jews. Interesting to note of course, that Hitler having managed to blame a whole society for their own failings have long since realised they were utterly wrong in their assumptions and pandering to those shit stirrers who were just failures in their own life.
I’m a boomer so not every boomer falls into the category of selfishness BUT a significant majority do. I’m remain, ex-services and a royalist so not significantly different from most boomers. I just feel the majority are a needy bunch of twats.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
"The content of a website can also be illegal when it threatens or harasses a person or a group of people if this is posted because of hostility based on race, religion ,sexual orientation, etc etc etc...then we consider it to be a hate crime". This includes chat forums where people encourage other people to commit hate crimes.

I believe the reference by one poster to refer to "the pitchforks are coming" to people born post-war, as perilously close to the above.

Is this really what NSC now represents ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
"The content of a website can also be illegal when it threatens or harasses a person or a group of people if this is posted because of hostility based on race, religion ,sexual orientation, etc etc etc...then we consider it to be a hate crime". This includes chat forums where people encourage other people to commit hate crimes.

I believe the reference by one poster to refer to "the pitchforks are coming" to people born post-war, as perilously close to the above.

I’m a boomer so not every boomer falls into the category of selfishness BUT a significant majority do. I’m remain, ex-services and a royalist so not significantly different from most boomers. I just feel the majority are a needy bunch of twats.
I strongly believe you are entitled to your opinion. I agree that there are, in some parts of the country a number of elderly people whose views I do not share.

You seem to say you are not significantly different to the majority of us so-called boomers, but then say the majority are "twats". Doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're saying you're a "twat"....which I dont think you are.

And whatever role you played inthe "Services", I personally thank you for giving the comfort of protection in an ever changing and by some people...a more violent world.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Is this really what NSC now represents ?

This post is the epitome of the insufferable boomer generation that has absolutely no sympathy for the struggles of younger people.

Not only do you want to hoard your wealth from the young who are so desperate - you would love to take away their freedom of speech speaking up about the issue as well.

"The pitchforks are coming" is a term originated by a tech billionaire when describing how the unfair distribution of wealth will result in civil unrest - I'm not literally encouraging people to come to your home with pitchforks you absolute GOON.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This post is the epitome of the insufferable boomer generation that has absolutely no sympathy for the struggles of younger people.

Not only do you want to hoard your wealth from the young who are so desperate - you would love to take away their freedom of speech speaking up about the issue as well.

"The pitchforks are coming" is a term originated by a tech billionaire when describing how the unfair distribution of wealth will result in civil unrest - I'm not literally encouraging people to come to your home with pitchforks you absolute GOON.
What an incredibly bitter and no doubt failure...of a person you comes across as.

Spend a little less time on a football forum and maybe improve your life. NSC will not improve your life one iota.....guaranteed.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I went to school, I worked hard, I survived council estates and State schools... I started work, I made a living, I raised a family, I worked for 4 companies across 37 years, I still pay tax on my pension after already paying tax on that same earned money..... I say my past and present contributions to the treasury is enough.....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You do realise that boomers also found it incredibly tough when they were young too? Struggling to find a deposit for a house and having to borrow off family and friends. Driving around in old cars that kept breaking down and being forced to attempt your own repairs with a Haynes Manual. Taking out loans and HP to buy white goods that young people regard as an essential right. Renting 22" tv's because they can't afford to buy them.
Frankly you are talking out of your arse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Your consistency in being an obnoxious nosey **** on this forum is a wonder to behold.
That made me laugh. Harsh. Fair? Probably :lolol:

I couldn't answer that poll. I'm doing alright now but I have worked my arse off. I deserve whatever I have.

Torygraph setting another culture wars fire?

Reactions: cjd

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why should they be taxed more ! Inheritance tax rewards families that have often contributed a lot to the economy .
I’d like to see inheritance tax loopholes closed, just too many ways around it for the rich to avoid

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Do you really think most of Gen Z will have any kind of wealth in 30 years time?

Those with property and decent pensions will be the minority.

Most of them will be, for want of a better word, f***ed.
I think you seem to judge everyone by your own bitterness and failings..... my two kids, both products of state schools one ex military but now a lawyer, the other an engineer and a family man are exactly the opposite of those who appear to Bob around in your little bubble of failure.... I suggest you stop casting flimsy generalisations around and look at the world without your blinkers on.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You do realise that boomers also found it incredibly tough when they were young too? Struggling to find a deposit for a house and having to borrow off family and friends. Driving around in old cars that kept breaking down and being forced to attempt your own repairs with a Haynes Manual. Taking out loans and HP to buy white goods that young people regard as an essential right. Renting 22" tv's because they can't afford to buy them.
Frankly you are talking out of your arse.
Thankyou so much for bringing some reality to the the consistent failure of Mustafa II and clearly his sense of entitlement.

When I bought my first house, my take home pay was £78.00 at British Rail. My mortgage was £84.00. My new wife and I scraped by....I had a part-time job as well as commuting up to East Croydon everyday. I'm not complaing about it being "tough"...it was just the way it was in those days..( circa 1972). We didn't have annual holidays abroad, etc etc etc. It was just "that's what you had to do".

Your reference to the "Haynes Manual revived a number of memories...lol...thankyou !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think your reply to @cjd is a little disingenuous. Or misguided. Certainly overheated. Step back a moment and recalibrate. I have to do that all the time :thumbsup:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Those that work hard and drop the entitlement will.

That's not really fair though, is it.

Surely the young people who work hard deserve the opportunities that boomers regard as normal - such as home ownership, or decent pensions - rather than just those lucky enough to have parents who are well off.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thankyou so much for bringing some reality to the the consistent failure of Mustafa II and clearly his sense of entitlement.

When I bought my first house, my take home pay was £78.00 at British Rail. My mortgage was £84.00. My new wife and I scraped by....I had a part-time job as well as commuting up to East Croydon everyday. I'm not complaing about it being "tough"...it was just the way it was in those days..( circa 1972). We didn't have annual holidays abroad, etc etc etc. It was just "that's what you had to do".

Your reference to the "Haynes Manual revived a number of memories...lol...thankyou !
Damn. I forgot the holidays abroad. I didn't catch my first plane till I was 35!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's not really fair though, is it.

Surely the young people who work hard deserve the opportunities that boomers regard as normal - such as home ownership, or decent pensions - rather than just those lucky enough to have parents who are well off.
Of course it is. You don’t just get money for existing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here