Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are baby boomers taxed enough?

Are baby boomers taxed enough?

• No, there needs to considerably more taxation of their wealth

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • No, they need to be taxed a little bit more

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • They're taxed about the right amount

Votes: 42 27.1%
  • They're taxed too much, they need more tax relief

Votes: 33 21.3%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Why should they be taxed more ! Inheritance tax rewards families that have often contributed a lot to the economy .

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Such a simple solution. Tax ALL the older generation for being old. Ha ha, much trolling. Well done you. You could just increase the level of tax on the rich (who also happen to be old) or god forbid just close the tax evasion loopholes.....Too many grey areas there though aye?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Such a simple solution. Tax ALL the older generation for being old and having all the money. Ha ha, much trolling. Well done you. You could just increase the level of tax on the rich (who also happen to be old) or god forbid just close the tax evasion loopholes.....Too many grey areas there though aye?
Replying drunk to your own post is very much de rigueur these days as well by the way. ;)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Such a simple solution. Tax ALL the older generation for being old. Ha ha, much trolling. Well done you. You could just increase the level of tax on the rich (who also happen to be old) or god forbid just close the tax evasion loopholes.....Too many grey areas there though aye?
I’m old enough to have a few grey areas. 😀

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First Brexit is a bad idea, now tax baby boomers. I’m liking the new left leaning Telegraph. Much more of this and I’ll need to get my opinions from this instead of The Gaurdian

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
The results of this poll are indicative of why young people are in this hopeless mess.

Simply, the boomers vote, and will never give up their undeserved acquired wealth if they can help it.

The pitchforks are coming though. It's worth finding a solution democratically before things start to get ugly.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Baby boomers have had all the benefits of years of disaster capitalism and will suffer none of the consequences. They need tipping upside down and shaking.
As a baby boomer (just) I am …… all for this. If there has been another needy, greedy, self opinionated and smug generation then I would be very surprised. Great pensions, cheap housing and wages that met expectations, but all the post baby boomers are pathetic because they didn’t play out side or think that ‘love they neighbour’ was funny.
The fact they reaped the rewards of the EU but then voted to leave thus f***ing up their grandkids future about sums them up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a baby boomer (just) I am …… all for this. If there has been another needy, greedy, self opinionated and smug generation then I would be very surprised. Great pensions, cheap housing and wages that met expectations, but all the post baby boomers are pathetic because they didn’t play out side or think that ‘love they neighbour’ was funny.
The fact they reaped the rewards of the EU but then voted to leave thus f***ing up their grandkids future about sums them up.
This.

Mustafa is right. That generation has a lot to answer for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, you've certainly put forward a case that has absolutely convinced me that a national tax based on age is eminently more sensible than one based on wealth, income or ability to contribute. And I thought that Truss and Kwarteng were stupid, but they obviously managed to get you on board :dunce:

It's them Boomers that are definitely the ones screwing you over, even the ones that are struggling :lolol:

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm sad you see people who were born post the WW2, viewed like this.

Do you put all of us in the same category...? ( I'm post war etc, I'm a re-mainer ...living in France obviously...) . I pay taxes in the UK .

Seems to me that Mustafa II, would like to encourage a cleansing of my generation akin to the Nazi,s against the Jews. Interesting to note of course, that Hitler having managed to blame a whole society for their own failings have long since realised they were utterly wrong in their assumptions and pandering to those shit stirrers who were just failures in their own life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here