Are away fans

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey!

Yes, I am a teacher. I don't know why you feel that this is relevant, but once again I am forced to defend myself because people don't like my profession...

I have run sports teams for many years, football and cricket, athletics and swimming, with a lot of success. I strongly believe in competitive sport in schools, and have been very proactive in promoting it.

Homework? I am a Primary teacher, and not a huge fan, but I set it, and mark it appropriately.

And I am not one for spending loads of time proof reading the sorts of things you mention - I have a life outside school.

My post was made because I thought that loads of others were belittling Luke for his grammatical error. I said that people should leave him alone, and stop taking the piss.

Why you would draw the conclusions about me that you have, from what I wrote, is beyond me.

OK all of it wasn't meant to be personal and for that I apologise. The point is that if he'd been taught properly he wouldn't be making such public mistakes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I bet most if this thread will feel like shit if they realise the person they're refering too could suffer from learning difficulties.

His previous posts are more than readable. He may be quite young, but at no stage would I assume or suggest learning difficulties. In fact, hearing that would probably make him feel far worse.

I often have to correct my spelling of words like 'there' and have even put 'are' instead of 'our' before correcting it before. Generally these mistakes are a sign of typing quicker than engaging analytical thought. Something most of us will do from time to time.

Most of the comments are merely light hearted piss-taking. Anything worse than that is naturally wrong. If you want to see serious abuse along these lines have a look at the Argus Comments.

Anyway, if you are reading this [MENTION=18348]lukeseagulls123[/MENTION] it's all banter mate. There were 1,235 away fans at the game (As per Argus liveblog). Best not start a thread on AMEX attendances though....

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Aren't you a teacher? Let's hope you're not like my son's head who banned homework and competitive sport because a couple of the more sensitive flowers complained and then spends a great deal of effort worming her way on to every parents' committee and criticising misplaced apostrophes and left out full stops in documents proof read at 11 o'clock at night. I bet you're checking this post really thoroughly just in case.

There is plenty of evidence out there showing that homework doesn't improve educational outcomes. Often it does the reverse. Kids that need to improve their skill and understandings don't do homework and end up resenting it and the rest of their learning because of the stress and strain it puts on them and their families. Your sons head has made a decision based on sound research and data.

Incidentally though the Head can't ban homework, if you want to set your son some then you are well within your rights to do so.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Who is on first base.

Abbott: You throw the ball to first base.
Costello: Then who gets it?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: Naturally.
Abbott: Now you've got it.
Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.
Abbott: You don't! You throw it to Who!
Abbott: Well, that's it—say it that way.
Costello: That's what I said.
Abbott: You did not.
Costello: I said I throw the ball to Naturally.
Abbott: You don't! You throw it to Who!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
See post #16.
I would post my grammar explained photo but every explanation has a swear word next to it, maybe this ones acceptable, but the other one has to many F words.

View attachment 59872

That's clever but shouldn't it read - Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and not knowing you're shit?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it time for an NSC literacy filter? Nobody's expecting perfect spelling and grammar, but this is too horribly convincing to be a second poster's windup.

Microsoft Word has some reasonably decent – however Americanised – spelling and grammar checkers. Worth a go, Bozza?

I thought that was automatic. I get a red line under everything I spell incorrectly, except the mistakes like those in the first post which are not picked up. I have Windows 8, maybe it's automatic.

The Americanisation is a frustration though.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I thought that was automatic. I get a red line under everything I spell incorrectly, except the mistakes like those in the first post which are not picked up. I have Windows 8, maybe it's automatic.

The Americanisation is a frustration though.

That's not NSC, that's your Browser XD

Anyway not doing a u turn here as I enjoy a good piss take but just for information I'm a regular reader and occasional contributor to the very popular FC United forum. Not once in eight years have I seen anyone corrected for common errors such as "their" or the word "loose", its simply ignored. Text speak or posting when pissed is pulled up but not common grammatical errors

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There are some sad individuals on this thread who maybe need to grow up

image.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's not NSC, that's your Browser XD

Ah, Ok. I use Google Chrome. I don't know what the best browser is really.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here