Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 29,000 sold to date for Monday's Play Off Game

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There are a couple thousand people without brains as it stands then.

We know that though. Likelihood is a lot of them are the same ones that still find something to moan about in a season like this - otherwise they'd be there supporting the club. So in terms of atmosphere, they don't add much anyway.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I think the train issues going East may have an effect but I will be there and will worry about getting back to Polegate when I get back to the station after the game.

Here's hoping Ton'y war cry enorages those still on the fence about coming tomorrow to make the effort.

Currently still available:-

WSL: 502 (487 of them in W1A)
WSU: 102 (10 pairs only in W3A)
ESL: 316 (all bar 11 in the family area)
ESU: 243 (74 Pairs)
South: 649

1800 + 1500 unreleased

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
£25 for such a historic game, it's an absolute no-brainer (and I'm tighter than a gnat's chuff)
Could be historic who knows:)
Maybe many people don't want to take their kids etc as we easily sold out Derby on a Saturday.Defo something about night games that puts people off big time no who we're playing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could be historic who knows:)
Maybe many people don't want to take their kids etc as we easily sold out Derby on a Saturday.Defo something about night games that puts people off big time no who we're playing.

Indeed if you live more than a hour away its a mare and its a kids school night.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely these are the games that glory hunters go too?
Sadly I'd say the exiles dread night games,traffic and trains etc....its a southern thing :)

No, the glory hunters only attend when the glory is odds on... the club need us now more than ever... see below from Tony:

"BLOOM: HELP US MAKE HISTORY

Brighton & Hove Albion chairman Tony Bloom has called on fans to play a vital part on Monday as we seek to overturn a 2-0 deficit in the playoff semi-final second leg at the Amex.

Over the last nine months, our players have been outstanding - and they deserve to achieve something on the back of their superb efforts this season. They have made this one of the most memorable seasons in the club's 115-year history. In almost any other year our points tally would have proved enough for automatic promotion, but on Monday night that counts for nothing.

Our players were magnificent on Friday night in the most difficult of circumstances. We hardly conceded a chance while playing the last 30 minutes with ten men, having had four key players injured during the game. This has given us a real possibility to progress, and one the players are determined to take.

We've faced bigger battles, longer odds and tougher tasks in our time, yet still come through to triumph against the odds. We are Brighton, we know the deal: more often than not we have to do things the hard way. Throughout our history we've taken knocks, setbacks and injustice in our stride and come back stronger, time and time again. Let's do that now, players and fans together.

This group of players have a belief that they can still achieve our ultimate goal. They know it won't be easy, and they know success never comes easy. It will take huge amounts of spirit and passion from the players and the fans for us to win through on Monday night.

Our fans were once again outstanding on Friday, and I implore every single fan to get right behind the players throughout the game. We need you to pack the Amex, turn it blue and white and create a fantastic atmosphere. Sing, be loud, make the Amex a bigger cauldron of noise than it has ever been. Don’t let up from the first minute to the last - this will be the inspiration that will help the players get the result that we all deserve to help us to Wembley.

Tony Bloom"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Been thinking about it and so what if it isn't a sell-out? Hardly made a ton of noise at the Derby game for all the numbers. Rather have 20k+ screaming their lungs out than 30k bums on seats that would rather use their voices to moan about Southern Rail than to cheer the team on.

I'd rather have 30k loudly supporting our team in need...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It feels like this tie is over but I honestly don't care. I've got my ticket. I'm bringing a full set of lungs. I want to cheer the team all night long to thank them for one of the most exciting seasons I can ever remember. It breaks the heart that events have conspired against us so cruelly right when it mattered but I'm staying until the very last kick. Then I'm staying to sing and applaud the team until every last one of them has left the pitch. They deserve our thanks and I'm damn sure giving it to them.

And there just might be a miracle anyway. Another night to say "I was there".

This... well said... get your tickets, attend, shout your support... no ****ing excuses people...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't really understand anyone who can't be bothered to go. Think about it:

1. If, as in all liklihood, we don't progress, it's still been an absolutely fantastic season which, for slightly better luck, would've seen us promoted to the Premier League. Don't you want to show your appreciation to the players and CH for all their efforts?

2. If we did, say, win 3-0 or 4-1 and got to Wembley with our makeshift team, it would go down as the best night ever at the Amex. How would you feel if you missed that?

Yes!! Spot on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We know that though. Likelihood is a lot of them are the same ones that still find something to moan about in a season like this - otherwise they'd be there supporting the club. So in terms of atmosphere, they don't add much anyway.

We need EVERYONE... that's EVERYONE... moaners or NOT... this is a HUGE game, with hope still there...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

True, but should we turn it around they'll add to the atmosphere.

We haven't been in the ascendancy for some time. This is just another game against the odds, and it can be done, so pick up your ****ing tickets already.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yes, I agree that this should be a sell out. We're obviously facing a huge task where by far the most likely outcome will be that Wednesday progress to the final. But Monday should be about showing your support and appreciation to the players for what has been an outstanding season. Roar them on during the game and roar them off it at the end. The team against all odds have broken club and division records this season. It's probably not going to end how we would like it to but let the players hear our thanks. You never know, it might help convince them to stay next year. And just think what this team with a few more quality additions will do to the division next season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Huge task GNLF? One goal and it's game on. At the end of the day I doubt any amount of making a case on here (and there are some excellent posts on this thread doing just that) is going to sway anyone. If your blood runs blue and white you'll be there for all of the reasons already stated, those with transport or mobility or other issues that prevent them attending fair enough, but who could call themselves an Albion fan if they preferred the pub, or watching it at home to being there in the flesh. **** the 0-2, we shove the 0-2 up your ARS! Bring it on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Strongly doubt it. The likely transport chaos thanks to the 'sickness' bug that's doing the rounds to southern trains will put off a lot of potential buyers and probably existing ticket holders too,

That, and the fact that we have the proverbial mountain to climb, despite Tony's call to arms.

Some people alas have already written us off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here