Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Criminal Record - An anonymous phone call draws two brilliant detectives into a confrontation over an old murder case, one a young woman in the early stages of her career, the other a well-connected man determined to protect his legacy.

Wednesday evening.

Pretty good if a little rushed at times.

Odd how Capaldi plays a cop called Dan Hegarty.

No similarities to Den there then.

den-hegarty-318ff062-1da0-432d-8ee3-f1495fb4340-resize-750.png

peter-capaldi-criminal-record.jpeg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Criminal Record - An anonymous phone call draws two brilliant detectives into a confrontation over an old murder case, one a young woman in the early stages of her career, the other a well-connected man determined to protect his legacy.

Wednesday evening.

Watched this in one hit last night.

I very much enjoyed it up until the last two episodes. Very weak ending which leaves a lot of stuff open so I'd guess another season has probably been commissioned.

The main rogue cop who is painted as the bad guy throughout gets caught out leading a suspect in an interview and the good cop says you better talk and he just goes OK. Then it turns out he's not such a bad guy in the end and then it flips again right at the very end and he is a wrongun. All very odd.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watched this in one hit last night.

I very much enjoyed it up until the last two episodes. Very weak ending which leaves a lot of stuff open so I'd guess another season has probably been commissioned.

Cush Jumbo appeared on US chatshow Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, and was asked if they was going to be a season two. She replied: “There will be, yeah.”

However, Deadline reports that Apple TV+ has yet to officially recommission the series, and it’s unclear if, it is renewed, whether Jumbo will reprise her role as DS June Lenker.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What are peoples views on Severance?

Watched the first episode last night and found it all too weird for my liking so was going to sack it off but then the last 5 minutes of said episode has dragged me in. So I think I'm now going to stick with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are peoples views on Severance?

Watched the first episode last night and found it all too weird for my liking so was going to sack it off but then the last 5 minutes of said episode has dragged me in. So I think I'm now going to stick with it.
Stick with it.
Try and think it through.
Then watch a couple of 'Severance Explained' on The YouTube.

I'm not one for thinking inside and around the screen when I watch.
I couldn't work out if I liked Severance or not, but I did stick with it.

Only after watching 2 or 3 Explained videos did I finally think 'oh yeah I really enjoyed that' - as slow burns go that's pretty slow.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I finally succumbed to Apple TV due to Slow Horses (which is flipping ace). Also after refusing to watch Ted Lasso because it was filmed at Palace I gave in, and was so glad I did. The hype was real, yep it was sugary as sh*t, but it was genuinely funny, uplifting and dealt with some serious issues really well.

I enjoyed Criminal Record and have now started Shogun which got off to a cracking start, a much grittier version than the Richard Chamberlain classic of the early 80s

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Stick with it.

Only after watching 2 or 3 Explained videos did I finally think 'oh yeah I really enjoyed that' - as slow burns go that's pretty slow.

It does start slow but it is intriguing, by episode 4 i was hooked and there are few wow moments. Some of which were right in front of your face and should really have guessed! :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I finally succumbed to Apple TV due to Slow Horses (which is flipping ace). Also after refusing to watch Ted Lasso because it was filmed at Palace I gave in, and was so glad I did. The hype was real, yep it was sugary as sh*t, but it was genuinely funny, uplifting and dealt with some serious issues really well.

I enjoyed Criminal Record and have now started Shogun which got off to a cracking start, a much grittier version than the Richard Chamberlain classic of the early 80s
I'm determined to get someone to watch Tehran!
30% subtitles means you have to watch, which probably helps.

It's a really good 'cat and mouse' spy thriller but it's selling point, for me, is that neither protagonist is good/bad so I ended up wanting them both to 'win'.

Shrinking is easily the funniest thing on Apple, as good as series 1 of SH.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It's a really good 'cat and mouse' spy thriller but it's selling point, for me, is that neither protagonist is good/bad so I ended up wanting them both to 'win'.

Duly noted

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched the first episode of the Noel Fielding Dick Turpin comedy.

Somewhat derivative and predictable, I'd be surprised if I returned.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

We have watched season 1 of this. It’s excellent, edge of your seat stuff.

We’re watching Bad Sisters at the moment, which is fun. A black comedy in Ireland about a group of sisters planning to kill off one of their husbands, a man who takes toxicity to the highest possible level.

We also watched Shining Girls, which never really got particularly gripping, but we still felt we needed to see it through. Wish we hadn’t bothered, really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have watched season 1 of this. It’s excellent, edge of your seat stuff.

We’re watching Bad Sisters at the moment, which is fun. A black comedy in Ireland about a group of sisters planning to kill off one of their husbands, a man who takes toxicity to the highest possible level.

We also watched Shining Girls, which never really got particularly gripping, but we still felt we needed to see it through. Wish we hadn’t bothered, really.
Finally!!!!!

I went pretty much straight from series 1 to series 2 of Slow Horses which in hindsight was a mistake.

With that in mind I let S1 of Tehran settle for a bit before cracking on with S2, which I thought was on a par if not better.
(There's a quite phenomenal tracksuit in S2, which unbeknownst to me is actually 'fashion').

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Watched it when it first came out….very enjoyable

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Stick with it.

I’m 6 episodes down. I still can’t work out if I’m enjoying it or I think it’s just weird.

The brother in law is even more annoying in this than he is in OITNB where he also plays a daft hippy. The storyline around his book is very clever though!

Will probably finish it over the weekend and then have a go on the YouTube series as you suggest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m 6 episodes down. I still can’t work out if I’m enjoying it or I think it’s just weird.

The brother in law is even more annoying in this than he is in OITNB where he also plays a daft hippy. The storyline around his book is very clever though!

Will probably finish it over the weekend and then have a go on the YouTube series as you suggest.
I'll be interested in how you get on.
There are individual episodes explained vids too, but I just waited for the end.

Having just looked and a good way of proving what you're up against, there's also a '81 Severance clues you missed' video.

I probably missed 82 of them!!!!

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I watched the first episode of the Noel Fielding Dick Turpin comedy.

Somewhat derivative and predictable, I'd be surprised if I returned.

Me and the missus watched the first two episodes last night. I think it all comes down to how you feel about Noel Fielding as to whether you’d enjoy it or not.

We did enjoy it, it’s definitely a vehicle for NF, it’s light and had a couple of properly funny moments, but isn’t ground breaking. It’s something to watch in those moments where you’re not looking for anything heavy. 7/10 here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Finally!!!!!

I went pretty much straight from series 1 to series 2 of Slow Horses which in hindsight was a mistake.

With that in mind I let S1 of Tehran settle for a bit before cracking on with S2, which I thought was on a par if not better.
(There's a quite phenomenal tracksuit in S2, which unbeknownst to me is actually 'fashion').

Finally!!!!!

Tehran is great and I adore the acting skills of Niv Sultan 😍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here