Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Apparently it's no longer safe at the Albion ?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
In the usual pre-match emails I've received recently it says ,

All players will not stop to sign or pose for selfies when arriving or leaving the stadium – as it is no longer safe to do so.

My question to the Albion press office is,..

Why is it no longer safe at the Albion ? Is there something we should be made aware of ? This is supposed to be an anti - racism day and yet the email email I have just received from the Albion tells me it's not safe there - presumably that means we , the fans , are a threat to the players ?

So thanks Brighton for sprinkling a little bit of discrimination onto your own fans . What absolute plonkers. The Albion is one of the safest grounds in the country. Presumably the real reason is that the players want to control their own social media posts and content ?

Anyways ...

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
If I remember right, the club says that youngsters will still be able to get pics and autographs but there’s a special arrangement. Not sure what this is but they are doing something.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

All players will not stop to sign or pose for selfies when arriving or leaving the stadium – as it is no longer safe to do so.

Why is it no longer safe at the Albion ? Is there something we should be made aware of ? This is supposed to be an anti - racism day and yet the email email I have just received from the Albion tells me it's not safe there - presumably that means we , the fans , are a threat to the players ?

So thanks Brighton for sprinkling a little bit of discrimination onto your own fans . What absolute plonkers. The Albion is one of the safest grounds in the country. Presumably the real reason is that the players want to control their own social media posts and content ?

Anyways ...

Because it developed from a dozen in the championship waiting for autographs, to a few hundred, possibly more, blocking the walkway outside the North Stand with various items to be signed including shirts photos etc. There were also similar problems at the training ground including people forcing players to stop by stepping in front of their cars :facepalm:

Apparently a fair proportion of those at the front must have had the largest collection of signed paraphernalia known to man judging from their regular attendance at every opportunity of getting something signed, because they certainly wouldn't be selling them would they :lolol:

So, the club said that signings after matches and at the training ground were to cease. It was a few weeks ago and discussed on here at the time, although I appreciate some people may actually have a life outside of NSC :wink:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Anyways ...
is it old news day

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Been discussed before but I suspect its done because players like mitoma were being targeted by people looking to sell on. These individuals can be quite pushy and players are often given grief for not obliging.

Plenty of oppertunity for real fans to get signatures at organised events or by contacting the club.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Anyways ...

sometimes I think people look at the club and struggle to find something to moan about. They then see something that has been clearly explained several weeks ago, and then look for something completly unconected to latch onto it, and create out of nothing a moan and accusation that the club are somehow racist, simply because they have nothing constructive to say and can find nothing to complain about

And yes "We, the fans" were becoming threatening towards the players, and an unsafe and threatening environmrent was being created for both fans and players

If you cant find joy in our current situation, and cant find any justifiable complaints or moans to the extent that you are inventing something from nothing, perhaps this whole Albion malarky isnt really for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
sometimes I think people look at the club and struggle to find something to moan about. They then see something that has been clearly explained several weeks ago, and then look for something completly unconected to latch onto it, and create out of nothing a moan and accusation that the club are somehow racist, simply because they have nothing constructive to say and can find nothing to complain about

And yes "We, the fans" were becoming threatening towards the players, and an unsafe and threatening environmrent was being created for both fans and players

If you cant find joy in our current situation, and cant find any justifiable complaints or moans to the extent that you are inventing something from nothing, perhaps this whole Albion malarky isnt really for you.
Also, most supporters seem to understand the reason and also accepted the club’s compromise solution.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They should still do selfies for kids, just no signing stuff for ebay.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My pie was well beyond the realm of warm, it's was bordering on concerning in terms of temperature

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here