Anyone who chose not to go to Liverpool now regretting it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am. Decided for a number of reasons not to go, but now it's sold out I'm wishing I hadn't :down:

D

Deleted member 18477

nah. pizza, fried chicken and beer whilst having my feet up at home instead of cramped on a coach for 12 hours is also a nice experience.

i thought i would regret it after deciding not to get a ticket but i'm not.

i also have work early on monday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No regrets , I will watch the live stream next Sunday whilst Russ and Lucy enjoy using their tickets (£130 to REMF)

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I can't wait to be sat on the coach next to my son for 6 hours - he won't be able to walk away when I'm trying to talk to him!!!!

Feb 14, 2010
I couldnt be bothered and still cant. Expect I could get a ticket in the Liverpool end via work, friends or other contacts, but other things to do. Its just where I am with football. Will go every now and again, but dont really care who we play against. Like to see us do well but for me, I will enjoy Rochdale away as much as Liverpool away.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Yes that's the thing, if you have young kids then I can see you love seeing them all excited. Totally understood.

Young kids? He's 17!!!!!

Last night we were watching videos on you tube of the Liverpool fans singing and he said - mum it's going to be awesome - he can't believe we are going to see Brighton run out onto the pitch at Anfield!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
nah. pizza, fried chicken and beer whilst having my feet up at home instead of cramped on a coach for 12 hours is also a nice experience.

i thought i would regret it after deciding not to get a ticket but i'm not.

i also have work early on monday.

Are you cancelling a seat now mate?

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
but dont really care who we play against. Like to see us do well but for me, I will enjoy Rochdale away as much as Liverpool away.

Same for me - as ridiculous as it might sound to some, I do wonder if it's about the gap between us and the elite having narrowed somewhat in recent times, or us having played several top flight teams (including Liverpool) already this season. Liverpool in the cup - yeah decent tie but it's just another game for us to win for me and maybe not the 'glamorous' tie it might once have seemed.

Feb 14, 2010
Same for me - as ridiculous as it might sound to some, I do wonder if it's about the gap between us and the elite having narrowed somewhat in recent times, or us having played several top flight teams (including Liverpool) already this season. Liverpool in the cup - yeah decent tie but it's just another game for us to win for me and maybe not the 'glamorous' tie it might once have seemed.

I just like the day out and when we play liverpool the hype gets on my nerves. Love the Albion, a day at football and great places like Rochdale are a laugh. Clubs like Rochdale also have fans more in tune with my attitude - they dont take it too seriously and dont want to be "the best fans in the world". brighton are a big club in terms of support, and I want us to win things, but I dont want us to lose that more humble, reasoned attitude. Liverpool and the like take it all too seriously for me. The worst tho is Newcastle, they relly do look like soppy sods with their hero worship.

D

Deleted member 18477

Are you cancelling a seat now mate?

i've cancelled some of the provisional ones with you over PM last week. you have the 2 contact numbers for the friends of mine who are still coming though so no dont cancel any new ones lol otherwise they wont have a seat!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
i've cancelled some of the provisional ones with you over PM last week. you have the 2 contact numbers for the friends of mine who are still coming though so no dont cancel any new ones lol otherwise they wont have a seat!!

No worries, I thought that you one of them lol

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i didnt have enough money :)

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Young kids? He's 17!!!!!

Last night we were watching videos on you tube of the Liverpool fans singing and he said - mum it's going to be awesome - he can't believe we are going to see Brighton run out onto the pitch at Anfield!!!
sold out now glad i went in 83

Feb 14, 2010
Young kids? He's 17!!!!!

You lie Lady Gull. You are far too young to have a 17 year old.
might want to prepare him, the noise will mostly come from the Brighton fans and the Kop is unlikely to be as loud as when the West Stand at brighton sings. I know, flies against all perceived wisdom but Ive been in the away end at brighton this year with mates who support another club and the West really is loud. Having done 50 odd grounds, with terracing and non terracing, the west stand is up there. That is not knocking Liverpool, its just how it is. Seen Liverpool v United at Anfield (corporate tickets) and the Kop was not loud that day at all, but that may have been because it was an early kick off I suppose.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
You lie Lady Gull. You are far too young to have a 17 year old.
might want to prepare him, the noise will mostly come from the Brighton fans and the Kop is unlikely to be as loud as when the West Stand at brighton sings. I know, flies against all perceived wisdom but Ive been in the away end at brighton this year with mates who support another club and the West really is loud. Having done 50 odd grounds, with terracing and non terracing, the west stand is up there. That is not knocking Liverpool, its just how it is. Seen Liverpool v United at Anfield (corporate tickets) and the Kop was not loud that day at all, but that may have been because it was an early kick off I suppose.

I can't wait to hear it and see - I have no doubts we will make a lot of noise our end - yesterday the Brighton fans sounded awesome on the radio - its going to be great I'm sure x

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Its a hell of a way to get there and expensive,rail travel is uncertain at weekends and roads could be very dicey at this time of year,what shall i do?
Switch on the tv and get a great view,no contest really.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Its a hell of a way to get there and expensive,rail travel is uncertain at weekends and roads could be very dicey at this time of year,what shall i do?
Switch on the tv and get a great view,no contest really.

If I thought too much about things - I'd never do half the stuff I do - -

Life is too short I think to worry about the roads being dicey - anyway I have every faith in Muzzy to get us there as quickly and as safely as possible x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports