Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone watching the 6th commandment on bbc

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I watched the Catching A Killer on this case which slipped under the radar. Kind of ruined it from a story point of view but it's an incredible piece of work. Thought the actor that played Ben Field was wonderful and very creepy.
Approach CAK with caution if you are interested (all4)- it goes into a lot more detail about the nastier parts of what was a very disturbing case and it's a very hard watch.
Thanks for the heads up on this series, just watched the 2nd episode A Knock on the Door. It's not often I well up nowadays but this bought me to tears , poor family .

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’ve got very sensitive to witnessing evil/cruelty, even when acted, so I I gave up after one episode. Couldn’t bear it.

Which is a compliment to Spall, who was as ever incredible. The versatility of the guy.

Whilst resilient Mrs.W, with another TV, thought it a great watch.
As I’ve got older, I’m the same. Can barely watch anything too 'gritty' or harrowing. I know the world can be a terrible place and don’t need to be reminded. That said, I did watch this BBC series as I remember the case well and knew that (***SPOILER ALERT***) good eventually triumphed over evil. A very high quality drama from the Beeb.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Just started watching, but knew of the case as soon as I read the dedications at the very beginning. I know this won’t be an easy watch.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Just started watching, but knew of the case as soon as I read the dedications at the very beginning. I know this won’t be an easy watch.
Just finished this. Very unnerving drama, brilliantly written and acted, however, there are a few details missing that makes this case even more disgusting.

There are poems, written by Peter, that suggests he knew he was being manipulated. There’s also footage of Peter, filmed by Ben, documenting his deterioration.

Ben also defrauded Anne of £26k before she was hospitalised.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just finished this. Very unnerving drama, brilliantly written and acted, however, there are a few details missing that makes this case even more disgusting.

There are poems, written by Peter, that suggests he knew he was being manipulated. There’s also footage of Peter, filmed by Ben, documenting his deterioration.

Ben also defrauded Anne of £26k before she was hospitalised.
Just watching the original police investigation on C4, as @The Fits has mentioned.
Really unnerving in relation to the BBC production.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just watched the C4 documentary after having seen the BBC drama last week. There weren’t really too many more details but it illustrates how well cast the drama was and the chilling lack of emotion from FIeld in the police station. Well, apart from his faint amusement with the whole process. It seems the drama was pretty closely scripted to the documentary. I was surprised we were able to watch the investigation unfold and initially thought it was a reconstruction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here