Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone watching the 6th commandment on bbc

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one of the most powerful harrowing dramas that the beeb has produced IMHO

every now and again they come up with one of these…the one about the serial killer in the far east couple of years ago preying on backpackers was equally horrifying

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I watched the Catching A Killer on this case which slipped under the radar. Kind of ruined it from a story point of view but it's an incredible piece of work. Thought the actor that played Ben Field was wonderful and very creepy.
Approach CAK with caution if you are interested (all4)- it goes into a lot more detail about the nastier parts of what was a very disturbing case and it's a very hard watch.

Last edited:

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
We're two episodes in. It's very compelling in a truly unpleasant way. A vile person who one hopes is never ever set free. Agree the acting is superb - the leads of course - but also special mention for the actor playing rhe niece.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will I understand it if I haven't seen the first five?

Images Monkey GIF

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Seen the first two episodes. A true story that reminds you of your vulnerability as you grow older. Brilliantly acted and scripted and really quite mundane at times, as it’s real life. Really vile main character. I’m putting off reading up about the case until we’ve seen all 4 episodes.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Very harrowing, especially as I was briefly taught by Peter Farquhar.
Timothy Spall’s portrayal of him is uncannily accurate…his mannerisms, speech patterns etc.
It’s a brilliant dramatisation and shows Ben Field to be the utterly vile human being that he clearly is.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I watched the Catching A Killer on this case which slipped under the radar. Kind of ruined it from a story point of view but it's an incredible piece of work. Thought the actor that played Ben Field was wonderful and very creepy.
Approach CAK with caution if you are interested (all4)- it goes into a lot more detail about the nastier parts of what was a very disturbing case and it's a very hard watch.
I've been watching and thought I knew the story. Thank you for confirming where I had the knowledge from. This production is brilliantly acted. Timothy Spall and Anne Reid in particular.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I found it quiet disturbing not sure why , maybe the strength of the acting mixed with the reality of the situations.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I finished watching it yesterday. Very harrowing but excellent. Super acting by all. Hope the evil *unt is never released.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve got very sensitive to witnessing evil/cruelty, even when acted, so I I gave up after one episode. Couldn’t bear it.

Which is a compliment to Spall, who was as ever incredible. The versatility of the guy.

Whilst resilient Mrs.W, with another TV, thought it a great watch.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Timothy Spall - an amazing actor who has played so many parts over his long career. Strangely I happened to watch the first ever episode of Auf Wiederehen Pet the other evening - who could have imagen just what an actor he was to become.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve got very sensitive to witnessing evil/cruelty, even when acted, so I I gave up after one episode. Couldn’t bear it.

Which is a compliment to Spall, who was as ever incredible. The versatility of the guy.

Whilst resilient Mrs.W, with another TV, thought it a great watch.
I know what you mean. It became a more comfortable watch once the niece worked out what was going on and the police investigation started.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncomfortable watch for me but gripping. I have one more episode to watch and then I’ll google the facts. This completely passed me by at the time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Watched it all in a single sitting.

Compelling stuff. Excellently written and directed drama.

Spall superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here