Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone used a public bus to get to Falmer?

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Tried to get on a bus on Saturday and got told that my travel voucher doesn't work on the bus I wanted to get on. It was a 12 to Brighton and all this season my travel vouchers have worked ???

I don't know what's going on with the discounted travel. I didn't bother getting travel vouchers (had worthy intentions to cycle) but twice I've tried to pay the fare on a 25 bus and the driver has insisted on seeing my ticket then let me on for free. Maybe they were rogue Albion fan bus drivers.

And for obvious crowd control reasons I haven't seen any attempt to check tickets/vouchers on trains.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is the S service ?
When we first moved to the Amex, the club provided buses from different areas. P Portslade, S Shoreham and R Rottingdean.
These were stopped after three or four years. This thread was started in 2012.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shame that they were stopped, a bit short sighted from the club, imho.
Short sighted, why? these services were costing the club money. Easy enough to travel to the Amex by public bus from almost all areas of the city anyway, and all for free, from wherever you are,,one bus into Churchill Square or the Old Steine, then a 25, 28, or 29 to Falmer.

It may take a little bit longer, but is that really such a hardship?

....anyone use the 29. For me in TN6 service is half hourly from a stop around 5' walk away, around an hour journey. Anyone do this journey and what is the return like, are they full up at Falmer?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Scenes on the last one I tried to get on to the Amex

1000002733.png

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
....anyone use the 29. For me in TN6 service is half hourly from a stop around 5' walk away, around an hour journey. Anyone do this journey and what is the return like, are they full up at Falmer?
Normally takes a couple of buses to clear the queue. I leave at the final whistle and have pretty much got on the first bus to arrive. It is crowded but most get off in Lewes

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
When we first moved to the Amex, the club provided buses from different areas. P Portslade, S Shoreham and R Rottingdean.
These were stopped after three or four years. This thread was started in 2012.
In that case PBOBE out

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Scenes on the last one I tried to get on to the Amex

View attachment 174405
I met an English couple whilst travelling through Bolivia, that had survived a crash in West Africa. They claimed they were packed on the back of an open truck, dozens standing, when speeding along, miles from anywhere, it hit something and rolled over many times. As they struggled to their feet through a tangle of limbs, they realised everyone else was dead. I had no reason to doubt them, but have since avoided travelling on the back of crowded open top trucks.
I have often caught the 25 to the Amex, the hard part is getting it back again.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I plan to use the H service on Saturday.

Please don’t tell me #BarberOut has now stopped that too :mad:
I’ll be getting the R bus, then making my way along the Coast Rd stopping off for a pint at The Badgers Watch and then the Sussex Coaster.
I’ll probably finish it off with a Chinese from Wing Fat or The Jade Cottage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here