Have a smart roadster coupe - boot in front and the back
Sporty looking
Handling great
100 Quid road tax
Petrol 50mpg
Drives really well and had no problems
797Cc power pocket
I service every 6k

I have the Smart Roadster Brabus also. Great to drive in the summertime but doesn't do ice/snow.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
All going well with the new Smart car so far, but I can't tune in Radio 5 live on the DAB radio! Bloody disaster!! Is DAB normally crap in cars? Any ideas?

Mines fine. Occasionally takes it time finding XFM depending where I am but otherwise no problems at all. Huets in Shoreham fitted mine.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I can only speak from experience Gull, so imo what i posted was not "rubbish". I had an old Toyota that had 183000 on the clock, had it 7 years, cost me next to nothing, same with most cars iv'e had.
I had that piece of crap (Merc A190) for just over two years, only had 83000 on the clock when i brought it, suspension went £500, Engine mounts top and bottom £400, two sensors £ 300 EACH one, steering joints as well. Spent about £1600 on the piece of junk. Apparently gear boxes go regularily as well. Sold it with 107000 on the clock. The thing only did about 30mpg.
Iv'e since learned that many owners of this model and year have also spent a fortune, even a Mercedes mechanic told me that this model is very poor....and pricey to repair.
I do about 25000 miles a year as well so what.

Edit. I had an earlier model than you, maybe they improved them.

Sorry for aggressive post I'm big merc fan..
That's the problems with cars you get good and bad 1s, you see so many 1998 plate A class mercs still on the road now, mine just been lucky I do wonder when it's gonna fail on me..
Want to get seat leon or vw golf diesel as 2nd car next but everyone says 2.0tdi volkswagen engine is Shite!! So confusing what cars good to buy..

Wouldn't buy Smart tho, my misses reversed 4x4 into friends 1 at 3 mph and bumper on it cracked in half, wouldn't trust my life on it, also that same smart cars engine needed to be replaced at 60,000 on a 2004 plate

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry for aggressive post I'm big merc fan..
That's the problems with cars you get good and bad 1s, you see so many 1998 plate A class mercs still on the road now, mine just been lucky I do wonder when it's gonna fail on me..
Want to get seat leon or vw golf diesel as 2nd car next but everyone says 2.0tdi volkswagen engine is Shite!! So confusing what cars good to buy..

Wouldn't buy Smart tho, my misses reversed 4x4 into friends 1 at 3 mph and bumper on it cracked in half, wouldn't trust my life on it, also that same smart cars engine needed to be replaced at 60,000 on a 2004 plate

:) I took no offense Gull. Mine was X reg, one of the early ones, i think it was Mercs early venture into the cheaper brand, i believe that Mercedes farmed the work out, so was not a genuine product. By the time they got to your model/year, i think they had cleaned up their act.
I now know so many that have had those early A models that have had so much trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here