Anyone own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (another tablet thread sorry)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 but it has mixed reviews.

Does anyone own one and can give me some thoughts as to whether it's worth a punt on i considering it's price

Any advice gratefully recieved. Looking at a max budget of £300 for a tablet so this seems at first glance a decent deal

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
(Pulls up a chair)

I'm also looking at one of these after Google seriously screwed up my order for a Nexus 10. But still could be swayed by an I-pad, or an Asus Transformer, or a, or a , etc etc.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
for what its worth, i have an ipad 2. it's pretty cool, but i just use it for surfing the net and using iplayer, lovefilm, netflix etc when travelling. and obviously the odd game app when i'm bored.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Got the standard 10.1.. Love it.. Not a big fan of Apple stuff in general..
Google apps are now coming on a treat and you can do a lot more techy stuff with an android (you can even access its hard drive) :p
I know a lot of people love the ipad (2) and to be fair it may have a slight edge on usability, but given the choice I will stick with the samsung galaxy.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wife has the Samsung and I've got the latest iPad .
Both good tablets in their own right but if I had to choose one, probably be the Samsung

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Wife has the Samsung and I've got the latest iPad .
Both good tablets in their own right but if I had to choose one, probably be the Samsung

Ohhhhhhhhhhh okay Thanks. I just cannot afford an iPad but this seems the best at this price range.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 but it has mixed reviews.

Does anyone own one and can give me some thoughts as to whether it's worth a punt on i considering it's price

Any advice gratefully recieved. Looking at a max budget of £300 for a tablet so this seems at first glance a decent deal

It's fine, I've just recently sold mine on E Bay, not because I didn't like it but because I just didn't use it. It's a good gadget.

If you want the cheapest price go to Richer Sounds.

It's not an IPad, but lets face it, who needs an IPad with it's extra functions that you are never likely to use.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's fine, I've just recently sold mine on E Bay, not because I didn't like it but because I just didn't use it. It's a good gadget.

If you want the cheapest price go to Richer Sounds.

It's not an IPad, but lets face it, who needs an IPad with it's extra functions that you are never likely to use.

Is that in London Road? Yeah i just like the sound of it. What Ice Cream & Jelly bean means though **** knows when i read the reviews. Looks a decent buy. Never had a tablet so think this is a good starter

haselden10

Jan 24, 2013
Eastbourne
I have a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 but have had galaxy tab 7 inch original and the 8.9 and they are still better than brothers new Ipad mini and are a lot cheaper and easier to put music and videos on to. Plus there all the games u can get on the Ipad but a lot more as well and a lot are free compared to the Ipad.

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
If you shop around and play off the retailers against each other you can get the tab 2 10.1 for 250 or under.

I have one and it is a very capable product. Certainly not worth paying the extra for an iPad unless you already have apple products.

I've been really impressed with the tab 2, a very good investment.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I got one just before xmas, and is a good piece of kit, always in demand in my house.

Only downside so far is Skygo isn't available for it (yet ?), and so far I haven't managed to get seagulls player on it as I haven't installed flash.

Other than those a good choice for the money.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Me and Mrs Snowy have got his 'n' hers models. She's not techie at all but gets on with it fine. I'm very happy with mine and it does everything that I need from a Tablet. One thing we have noticed, though, is when we are both using them at the same time and our phones are also nearby, all connected to our home WiFi (from Virgin), the online access of the tablets slows down noticeably. If one of us stops using their tablet all is OK again. Does any clever NSC user know why this would be? Is there a WiFi conflict between both Tablets being used at the same time? Can we change something to stop this? All help greatly appreciated!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Got one at Xmas. Its a really good bit of kit. Prefer it to my nexus 7 as its that much bigger. As others have said App development is coming on. Really like Polaris Office, which came installed. Can view excel, word easily etc...

My g-f has IPad 3 and seems that little bit quicker, better battery life, but costs double the price.

Main grumble as with most android devices is the battery being a bit shit, even when I do power saving etc....

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Have had a Galaxy 10.1 for over a year - brilliant piece of kit and, for me, more flexible than an iPad when doing 'proper stuff' like document transfers, word, excel, etc. Hook up to Dropbox and you can access your files anywhere on any linked android kit. More and more android apps are available by the day and already Samsung is the biggest seller of tablets; the market never lies.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Is that in London Road? Yeah i just like the sound of it. What Ice Cream & Jelly bean means though **** knows when i read the reviews. Looks a decent buy. Never had a tablet so think this is a good starter

Yes, the one on London Road. The operating system with all it's Jelly and custard with chocolate pudding titles is functionable and easy to use, that's all you need to know.

The bloke I sold mine to on E Bay has said he enjoys using it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports