Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know how to get a passport in 24 hours?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Who'd want kids eh? After four hours of tears, tantrums and turning the bloody house upside down she's only bloody found the damned thing in her f***ing handbag of all places! I could throttle her - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thanks for those that posted ideas though :thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Technically she shouldn't require a passport to leave the country. The Eurostar checks in London are French inbound and any valid photo ID should be sufficient. Getting back would be the bigger problem. I have taken my son to Bruges and back on an expired passport (long story), but a lost one looks to be practically, beyond the best of bluffers. Check the 24 hour option though, as I think you are supposed to make a reservation in advance. When I tried this I was told the next available appointment was a week away, which was less than helpful.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Who'd want kids eh? After four hours of tears, tantrums and turning the bloody house upside down she's only bloody found the damned thing in her f***ing handbag of all places! I could throttle her - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thanks for those that posted ideas though :thumbsup:

In my teens, a load of us went up to see Pink Floyd at Wembley. Big thing at the time, think I was 15.

Couldn't find ticket (had a tantrum) - had to buy one off a tout outside, think my mum gave me the money.

ANYWAY - 25 years later she found it.

Stub attached etc...

Any Pink Floyd fans out there ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Although I have been hard, I am genuinely pleased but, what a muppet she is for causing all that fuss!......rofl

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
Brilliant! Thanks for the laugh :)

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Although I have been hard, I am genuinely pleased but, what a muppet she is for causing all that fuss!......rofl

No problem chap, tell me about it. If she'd checked everything when we'd told her to about a week ago we wouldn't have been through this all bloody night.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Be sure to steal her passport and not let on you've got it till the last minute. For the rest of her life she'll keep it very close at all times.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No problem chap, tell me about it. If she'd checked everything when we'd told her to about a week ago we wouldn't have been through this all bloody night.

I hope she has a real good time, I went to Isola2000 and spent a great time, she'll love it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
sorry but LOL

its always in the most obvious of places.

but seriously, how could she have not checked her bloody hand bag...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
sorry but LOL

its always in the most obvious of places.

but seriously, how could she have not checked her bloody hand bag...

Have you ever looked inside a handbag? You could easily loose a city in my wife's.

Anyway, I hope the daughter has a lovely time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Jon - not read the whole thread, but I got a emergency p/p 2 yars ago. I had to ring the passport office in Victoria (round the back of the station) and make an appointment - I got an appointment inside 2 days, went on my way to work, was there for about 2 hours I think, then went back at lunchitme to pick the passport up. Had to pay for the service, from memory total about £127.

Wasn't difficult, but they were v.picky about the photo - I got one professionally done, and they rejected it saying I wasn't looking straight ahead (I couldn't tell), so go another one done from a boothe at the office ok.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thanks for your input - there's always at least one isn't there.

Hmmm....maybe it was put a little too stroppily but he did have a point. The harsh lesson for your step daughter is that well before the departure date she ought to check the basics like ensuring she has all the appropriate documentation to hand and its valid. She didn'and you were the poor sod running round trying to sort it out. At least it got sorted in the end but perhaps some lessons to be learnt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few years ago went to watrch Real Madrid and lost my passport, I suspected an Eastern European female pickpocket. Spent all day on Monday getting the documentation to get home so since then I have scanned all the families passports and put thenm on to a cd thus having all the details to hand if required.

Went with my son to Holland on a delivery for a couple of days and arrived at Dover and the passport fellow said I didnt look female but very simi;lar in looks, I had picked up mums passport by mistake but he still let me through on production of my drivinjg license.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If memory serves, is that the daughter who turned up to one of the Falmer Party Conference marches on the seafront on stilts? Well impressive that was.

[MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] - your memory serves you very well, that's her.

Jon - not read the whole thread, but I got a emergency p/p 2 yars ago. I had to ring the passport office in Victoria (round the back of the station) and make an appointment - I got an appointment inside 2 days, went on my way to work, was there for about 2 hours I think, then went back at lunchitme to pick the passport up. Had to pay for the service, from memory total about £127.

Wasn't difficult, but they were v.picky about the photo - I got one professionally done, and they rejected it saying I wasn't looking straight ahead (I couldn't tell), so go another one done from a boothe at the office ok.

Cheers TD, but sorted now!

Hmmm....maybe it was put a little too stroppily but he did have a point. The harsh lesson for your step daughter is that well before the departure date she ought to check the basics like ensuring she has all the appropriate documentation to hand and its valid. She didn'and you were the poor sod running round trying to sort it out. At least it got sorted in the end but perhaps some lessons to be learnt.

Agree - as I posted earlier - if she'd got it out when we told her to a week ago.....

Technically she shouldn't require a passport to leave the country. The Eurostar checks in London are French inbound and any valid photo ID should be sufficient. Getting back would be the bigger problem. I have taken my son to Bruges and back on an expired passport (long story), but a lost one looks to be practically, beyond the best of bluffers. Check the 24 hour option though, as I think you are supposed to make a reservation in advance. When I tried this I was told the next available appointment was a week away, which was less than helpful.

Actually technically it's entering the UK you do not need a passport for. If you are a UK citizen/subject and have proof of identity then it is up to immigration to prove you do not have right of entry - or it certainly used to be. Several years ago I was at a motorcycle rally in Belgium and my luggage fell of the bike on the way back losing my passport, ferry tickets and lots of other shit.

Ferry company accepted credit card used to pay for ticket and vehicle reg as proof I was me and immigration looked at my cretid cards, ran a quick check on my home address to see if I was electoral rolled there and waved me on my way with a 'have a nice day'.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
.. and it's round the back of Victoria station these days.

Eccleston Square - I used to work in that building before it was the Passsport Agency.

I think you can do a same day application buit it very expensive (about £130) and you'll have to do it in person.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm dreading my next passport renewal as I have to go to the Australian embassy, which is fine, but then go back to Croydon to get my indefinate leave to remain stamp transferred to my new passport. Last time I went there I felt like I had to boil wash myself when I got home ewwwwww . Least I don't have to take the Residency exam ever again....stupid thing...why would knowing when women got the vote make me more eligible to remain here or not....

Anyhow - glad your daughter is ok now Pasty, I have all my papers and our passports under lock and key in a secret location....if only I could remember where it was... :lol:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Pleased to hear a happy ending in this instance.

Reminds me of witnessing a couple of Brit families knackered after a long flight into Orlando last summer then after spending an hour in a steaming hot immigration queue (I think they deliberately leave the air con off so they can see all the pasty looking Brits slowly turn limp in the humidity) being bounced because they didn't have the correct US visa waiver documentation. Mind you Virgin must have let them board the plane ok which is odd? Last thing we saw of them was being frogmarched (tearful little kids and all) through a side door to the detention area. Plus a number of other punters getting sent back to the queue because they hadn't filled out their forms correctly. No wonder the Immigration staff were so sirly - they must get really pissed off with us not bothering to pay attention to travel documents. The rest of us in the queue had to suffer because a few couldn't be bothered to get their act together. Brits abroad - doh!

Nice way start your holiday in the 'Magic Kingdom'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here