Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know how to get a passport in 24 hours?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just tell them that you have just arrived from Africa and your papers were stolen...you'll get a passport quick with probably benefits and a council house as part of the deal as well!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
She can borrow mine 0_o

-edit-

If she has ID saying she is a British Citizen and flying within the EU then she doesn't need a passport. Check what forms of ID are fine; i think driving license is one.

Sorry that is complete and utter bullshine, I should know as I am a Check-in Supervisor at Gatwick Airport - expired passports up to a year can travel to Spain anywhere else you need a valid passport. You CANNOT travel merely on ID - FACT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry that is complete and utter bullshine, I should know as I am a Check-in Supervisor at Gatwick Airport - expired passports up to a year can travel to Spain anywhere else you need a valid passport. You CANNOT travel merely on ID - FACT.

What is this freedom of movement around Europe for EU citizens and also as I stated I went from Dover to Calais with a driving license as my ID.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Sorry now i have read through the whole post i see that said lost passport has been found - well done, saved yourself a lot of trouble! You would be amazed at how many people turn up at the airport saying that they have 'lost' their passport only for it to appear out of a bag or pocket minutes later! We always keep our whole family's passports together in a tin at home so we know where they are. When we get back home they go straight back in the tin. Remember that if you have children under 16 years their passports are only valid 5 years and need to be checked more regularly.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
What is this freedom of movement around Europe for EU citizens and also as I stated I went from Dover to Calais with a driving license as my ID.

If you were driving and using ferry possibly - I have worked at Gatwick for 22 years and as a Supervisor for about 10 years and I can assure you that as far as air travel is concerned there is no airline that will let you travel without a passport unless you are travelling on a domestic flight (UK) in which case you can use photo ID such as driving license. There are certain types of other documents you can use to travel such as recognised national ID cards (we would have been allowed to use our UK ones but they have now been withdrawn), Titre De Voyage Travel Documents (for stateless persons) and Military ID used in conjunction with leave or movement orders. Immigration requirements for all countries vary and we are required to check these vigorously before accepting someone for check-in as the airlines can be fined up to £2000 per passenger if they travel with incorrect documentation.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

If you were driving and using ferry possibly

Mugged yourself off a bit there mate, especially when you consider the thread starter example were not at the airport. Must be fun to work on your check-in!!!

Aug 23, 2011
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Who'd want kids eh? After four hours of tears, tantrums and turning the bloody house upside down she's only bloody found the damned thing in her f***ing handbag of all places! I could throttle her - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thanks for those that posted ideas though :thumbsup:

Glad she found it although isn't that the normal pre-holiday preparation of not knowing where the passport is. I think almost everytime i go away i have to try and remember which "secure" place i put my passport in last time so i wouldn't "lose" it the next time. :)

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage

Whilst we are EU citizens, the UK has not signed up to the 'borderless travel' system - generally referred to as the Schengen Area (more here - Schengen Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

As a UK citizen, you should require your passport in order to travel into the Schengen area, crossing the UK border into wherever you're going.

From Eurostar's travel documents page - "Do I need a passport or identity card to travel? All passengers, including infants, are required to have either their own valid passport. (or national identity card for French and Belgium passengers)".

Not sure why this would be different for getting the ferry? Can't find much on this though to prove or disprove. As with [MENTION=2653]RickofBHAFC[/MENTION] - I work in the Airline industry and deal with passport queries every day, and quite often with customers who arrive to check-in and find that their passport has expired. We normally advise them to go straight to the Passport Office, where it'll get replaced same day.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Mugged yourself off a bit there mate, especially when you consider the thread starter example were not at the airport. Must be fun to work on your check-in!!!

Er actually no I didn't I stated some facts which apply to anyone travelling by air and may come in useful for other forum members. Check the OP they didn't actually say they were not travelling by air that came further down the thread and I hadn't read down that far. Get your facts straight!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
She's not flying. Going Eurostar then driving through Belgium, Germany to Austria. Guess the internal European borders wouldn't be much of an issue, just getting in and out of UK

Definitely will be on phone to passport office in London when it opens at 7.45

When we go across to germany have not had to get our passports out once, have to get the dog scanned for a chip though, how mental is that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Er actually no I didn't I stated some facts which apply to anyone travelling by air and may come in useful for other forum members. Check the OP they didn't actually say they were not travelling by air that came further down the thread and I hadn't read down that far. Get your facts straight!
I did. You're a mug, and have proved it by bouncing the thread two weeks later. I never said the thread starter posted it in the first thread did I? I said the thread starter example was not at an airport. You added the bit about the OP. Mug.

So before bouncing a pointless passed thread nearly two weeks later, asking someone to get their facts straight, its best to get your facts first. Otherwise you look like a mug, as I kindly took trouble to point out to you two weeks ago. You muggy mug off.

OWNED

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
I did. You're a mug, and have proved it by bouncing the thread two weeks later. I never said the thread starter posted it in the first thread did I? I said the thread starter example was not at an airport. You added the bit about the OP. Mug.

So before bouncing a pointless passed thread nearly two weeks later, asking someone to get their facts straight, its best to get your facts first. Otherwise you look like a mug, as I kindly took trouble to point out to you two weeks ago. You muggy mug off.

OWNED

Yeah whatever - I have more important things to do with my life than keep checking posts on NSC unlike you ya mug!!! :ffsparr::yawn::wrong::bla:

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Haha your profile says it all Mr Burns obsessed with the Simpsons ... sad ****!!! :tosser::laugh:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Haha your profile says it all Mr Burns obsessed with the Simpsons ... sad ****!!! :tosser::laugh:

Oh, once again you're well of the mark. You really are a twat of the highest order. Whats the matter, did someone question your authority and tell you you're wrong! Oh dear, don't like being put in your place and questioned??. As I say, what a wonderful place your workplace must be. Now run along and do you're more important things. By the way, do you use your left hand or right hand for that?

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Oh, once again you're well of the mark. You really are a twat of the highest order.

Whats the matter, did someone question your authority and tell you you're wrong! Oh dear, don't like being put in your place and questioned??.

Really? Er pot, kettle, black springs to mind . . . ???

As I say, what a wonderful place your workplace must be.

Er I am required to abide by Customs and Immigration Regulations - not a lot I can do about that!

Now run along and do you're more important things. By the way, do you use your left hand or right hand for that?

Right hand :D:laugh: and like i said it's more important than swapping comments with you! Go and take some pills and calm yourself down before you throw any more toys out of the pram :tantrum: :cry: then you can get back to trawling through NSC posts or licking windows or whatever it is you do you loon! :drool::mad:

Oh and in response to your next post (because i am sure there will be one) yeah i get it I am a muggy, mug, mug who has made a mug of myself and mugged people off and mug, mug, mug, mug whatever, bored . . . :bla::yawn::bla::yawn::bla::yawn::shootself

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Really? Er pot, kettle, black springs to mind . . . ???

Er I am required to abide by Customs and Immigration Regulations - not a lot I can do about that!
You sound really fun.

10% of your posts in 8 years on a thread about passports. Oh, how do you cope with all the excitement life throws at you

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
You sound really fun.

10% of your posts in 8 years on a thread about passports. Oh, how do you cope with all the excitement life throws at you

'Really fun' says the man who took exactly 13 minutes to reply to my last post - what were you waiting hovering over the keyboard you saddo? Like i said i am not on NSC all the time and don't post on NSC that much because yes i do have a bit of excitement in my life - i have an interesting and varied sociable life and go out a lot plus the responses of dickheads like you put me off of posting. Enough said - your replies don't qualify any further response . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here