Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone interested in the Women's World Cup?

Will you be watching the Women's Football World Cup?

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Has anyone on here actually seen the England women's team play? I have and they are far better than the men, who most of the time act like big girls anyway.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well worth watching. No long ball route one football, no play acting, no hounding the ref and not many hissy fits. Ok, the standard isn't always premier league quality but they play the game because they love it, not because they're on £100,000 a week.
Some of them girlies are well nice too!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Well worth watching. No long ball route one football, no play acting, no hounding the ref and not many hissy fits. Ok, the standard isn't always premier league quality but they play the game because they love it, not because they're on £100,000 a week.Some of them girlies are well nice too!

I think you may be surprised how much they DO earn...

"Players in the United States team can already command an income of up to $2m a year "

"Women's Super League has established itself as a semi-professional format since 2011 and the salaries are improving up to about £60,000 a year. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32976876

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Id rather watch scottish football, and i think thats shit

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Has anyone on here actually seen the England women's team play? I have and they are far better than the men, who most of the time act like big girls anyway.

No they're not.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forced myself to try and be interested in it.

But no result.

If it takes so much effort, then perhaps my soul just can't get ignited by the flame ???

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I'll be watching, at least while we are still in contention. Incidently do they swap shirts at the end...or take them off and throw a tizzy if they're red carded? :whistle:

There is a infamous incident when one of the American women pulled off her kit top and showed off her sport bra to the world after scoring a winning goal on a penalty. It was in no way any more revealing than her kit.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Having watched England thrash Montenegro at the Amex, I would have to say that we are more likely to win the women's world cup than the men's. So yes. I'll give it a go.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Totally one sided so far this Germany v Ivory Coast game.

That goalkeeping for Germany's second goal is sadly quite typical of women's football I've found. Goalkeeping is definitely the weakest aspect of the women's game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here