Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Newmarket Tesco. (No, not really)

2E103E36-5609-48BB-B2F0-716197D3A6C6.jpeg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Diets will change as a result of this. People who have never looked a chick pea or black eyed pea in the eye before are taking them because they’re in a tin and still on the otherwise empty shelves.

Jul 7, 2003
If you are one of the ****WITS that have stripped the shelves of everything - then you should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. Haven't been into a shop for a few days and was staggered by the Dystopian/Armageddon scene that confronted me at Sainsbury's Hove. FFS calm the **** down and buy what you need. More people (especially the old and vulnerable) will die of ****ing starvation than this virus if you keep this up. RANT OVER

Popped into Tesco Worthing to pick my son up who was at the barbers. Couldn't believe how empty the shelves were. Must be a larger Jewish community than I realised as all chicken and beef had gone but still some pork left. Tinned veg was all gone, all the pasta, noodles and rice shelves were also empty. Even the biscuit aisle looked like it had been ransacked with no normal biscuits on the shelf - just a few packs of finest cookies. People must be getting desperate as all the pet food seems to have been bought up as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Popped into Tesco Worthing to pick my son up who was at the barbers. Couldn't believe how empty the shelves were. Must be a larger Jewish community than I realised as all chicken and beef had gone but still some pork left. Tinned veg was all gone, all the pasta, noodles and rice shelves were also empty. Even the biscuit aisle looked like it had been ransacked with no normal biscuits on the shelf - just a few packs of finest cookies. People must be getting desperate as all the pet food seems to have been bought up as well.
Similar story in Morrisons Abergavenny. I'm sure it'll settle down

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I’ve just read they are closing early tonight to give them a chance to re-stock the shelves.

How long is it going to take before the panic buyers have bought all they (don’t) need? I must admit, I thought they’d be done by now and the rest of us could get on with shopping like normal.

I saw a picture of loads of people queuing for the Marina Asda to open at 6am this morning.

I'm not one for violence, so even in jest I would not suggest a throw away comment about shooting them all; but what about compulsory nipple cripple or chinese burns for the selfish *bleeps*?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Went to Burgess Hill Tesco last night and to be honest the whole experience depressed me, the store must of had about 25% of stock left and shoppers were wandering around zombie like trying to find things to buy.

There was a member of staff unloading a trolley which contained some sort of beans and some sauces and he was surrounded by shoppers taking items before he could put them on the shelves it was like a scene from Africa when the aid trucks arrive with supplies for the starving.

Is this what this county has become a bunch of selfish ****s looking after number one when a number of elderly people cannot even leave the house.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Went to Burgess Hill Tesco last night and to be honest the whole experience depressed me, the store must of had about 25% of stock left and shoppers were wandering around zombie like trying to find things to buy.

There was a member of staff unloading a trolley which contained some sort of beans and some sauces and he was surrounded by shoppers taking items before he could put them on the shelves it was like a scene from Africa when the aid trucks arrive with supplies for the starving.

Is this what this county has become a bunch of selfish ****s looking after number one when a number of elderly people cannot even leave the house.

Perhaps some of the 'selfish ****s' were buying stuff for those elderly people who cannot even leave the house ?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There seem to be two very distinct types of people. Those easily led types who see panic buyers and think they must get in on the act quickly, regardless of rationality, and without a single thought for those less fortunate, and then the others who are public spirited enough to see that we need to look after everyone.

We have a couple of the former types on here.

Unfortunately, the former types are the ones who get to wipe their arse in comfort.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the thing to do is shop small, local and often. Most corner shops/convenience stores are fully laden, having their own supply chains and their own cash n carrys. Might cost you a little bit more, but it's a far nicer, less stressful shopping experience than mixing it with the zombie hordes at your nearest giant Tesco. IMHO, like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports