Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got any hard World Cup DILEMMAS coming up?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Anyone putting off stuff the really want to do or have been asked to do, purely on the basis that England might win the World Cup.

Not sure what the time difference is, I think they are 1 hour ahead. Local times have been put on the fixtures.

Group Games
12/6/10 - Saturday - England vs USA - 20.30 local time
18/6/10 - Friday - England vs Algeria - 20.30 local time
23/6/10 - Wednesday - England vs Slovenia - 16.00 local time

Assuming we win the group
26/6/10 - Saturday - England in 2nd round - 20.30 local time
2/7/10 - Tuesday - England in Quarter final - 20.30 local time
6/7/10 - Tuesday - England in Semi final - 20.30 local time

If we come 2nd in the group
27/6/10 - Sunday - England in 2nd round - 16.00 local time
3/7/10 - Wednesday - England in Quarter final - 16.00 local time
7/7/10 - Wednesday - England in Semi final - 20.30 local time

10/7/10 - Saturday - England in 3rd/4th Play Off - 20.30 local time

11/7/10 - Sunday - England in World Cup FINAL - 20.30 local time

worldcup2006.jpg

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
For me, I am meant to be going on a tour of the sets of Gavin and Stacey in Billericay and Barry Island, but have said I cant go on the basis that is it on the 6th July which depends on 2 things. a) England winning Group C and ii) England getting to the Semi Final.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I am in Canada for the Semi finals, the 3rd/4th play off, and the final.
Not sure whether to :cry: or :clap2:
I think I should be OK for watching the matches though.

My main concern is that if we come second in our group, then I shall be flying whilst the quarter final is happening. Nightmare! Thankfully, I think we'll come first. In which case, it will be the day before I fly. Fun times.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
not a dilemma...just the blatant FACT that the ECB decided to schedule Twenty/20 matches AT THE SAME TIME as Englands last two Group games meaning I'll be working.....DAMMIT :angry:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Wife told me she'd invited two couples ( friends of ours ) around for a dinner party on Sat 12th June.

Er no love, you can cancel that for a start !!!!!!!!!!!

They just don't get it do they.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
.... its a sat

you got me worried then , its my 40th bash that day , tv in the garden . now england will mess it up and come 2nd in the group

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The TV channels will have a dilema if both Gerrmany and Nigeria win their respective groups and their first second round match !!!

Will they display the score at the top of the screen as GER 0 - 0 NIG or the other way round :ohmy:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
To watch the games, or see my girlfriend.

No brainer, especially now we've broken up.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Taken the first three weeks off work. Nothing gets in my way for the World Cup. I will watch every game, be drunk and/or stoned for three solid weeks and will come out of the whole thing about a stone heavier.

:clap2::banana::ascarf::yahoo::dance::goal::whisky::drink::smokin:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Will be at Silverstone for the MotoGP the day of the England v Algeria Game, and the F1 the day of the Final. They have already stated there will be a big screen showing the final, and I assume the Algeria game will get the same treatment.

Other than that, I'll only be watching a few of the other non-England games anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we come 2nd in the group
27/6/10 - Sunday - England in 2nd round - 16.00 local time
3/7/10 - Wednesday - England in Quarter final - 16.00 local time
7/7/10 - Wednesday - England in Semi final - 20.30 local time

You've made a right old HASH of this Brettles.

3/7/10 is a SATURDAY not a WEDNESDAY.
Had to check mind. I was SURE we didn't have a QF game scheduled for a Wednesday afternoon. The only game during 'office hours' in the whole tournament for us, whether we come 1st or 2nd in the group, is the group game against Slovenia.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Auntie has arranged her 40th party on the day of our first game. Thankfully I will be able to retire to my Grans house in disgrace (at not putting family over football) to watch us socceroo the Americans.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Our baby is due on the 28th of June so slap bang in the middle of the world cup. Could be getting close to the final if he's late though, 2 weeks overdue is 12th July so the 11th could very nervous if England make the final and he's still not been born.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here