Anyone got any hard World Cup DILEMMAS coming up?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Taken the first three weeks off work. Nothing gets in my way for the World Cup. I will watch every game, be drunk and/or stoned for three solid weeks and will come out of the whole thing about a stone heavier.

You lucky bastard! I've been persuaded to start work over the first few weeks of the World Cup, so I will be trying to catch as any games as I can whilst persuading the annoying people at work that listening to football is more exciting than listening to bloody Scott Mills!

Btw, is the Wimbledon Men's Final the same day as the WC final? What a day if that's the case!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am away in Wiltshire on a Golf holiday thing that starts 11th July and that is our first round.....so if we get a late T time, it could be a mad thrash around ( although my game is generally described as a mad thrash)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
18/6/10 England v Algeria 19.30 BST
Sussex v Hampshire T20 17.30 BST
:angry:

23/6/10 England v Slovenia 15.00 BST
Sussex v Glamorgan T20 19.10 BST
:thumbsup:

2/7/10 Possible England QF 19.30 BST
Sussex v Middlesex T20 19.10 BST
:angry:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We gotta win the group to save a possible 1/4 final at 3 on a work day!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol: i should check the old "ctrl+v" more carefully

it is too late for me to edit it now, so I will repay you buy eating BROCCOLI for tea whilst thinking of BRUCE

:thumbsup:

That sounds fair.
You gave me the willies for a minute there though, cos I'd already told my CHUMS that there were no more midweek afternoon games for us after Slovenia.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: i should check the old "ctrl+v" more carefully

it is too late for me to edit it now, so I will repay you buy eating BROCCOLI for tea whilst thinking of BRUCE

I was gonna say i worked out that even if we were 2nd there's no more midweek afternoon games - bloody Chinese - leave this to the ENGLISH please :dunce:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Taken every England game off as leave and also every combination of date they might play after the group games including the final. Got all the leave authorised months ago before they slapped a leave embargo! Will be setting up the HD widescreen on the patio with a cooler full of booze if the weather is nice, if not all crammed into the front room acting like loons and scaring the pets when we score! Can't wait!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Should get to see all the games without too much hassle (apart from becoming thoroughly confused by Mendoza's error-flidded timetable!), but my main problems with this World Cup are going to be:
- Living in Jockland. Cue loads of chip-on-their-shoulder Scots whining that we always go on about 1966 (actually they bring it up a zillion times more than we do) and thinking they're being oh-so-funny by cheering on 'ABE'. Sigh.
- Working in an office that's just me and five women. Zero chance of any football banter or pre-match build-up. (And yes, I realise that :needpics:)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
my dilemma is that should we make it to the last 16, our game will clash with Muse's headline performance at Glastonbury... hmmmm which do i watch????

however, our game against slovenia is being shown on the pyramid stage screens at glasto, couldnt think of a more perfect way to spend that afternoon!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
For me, I am meant to be going on a tour of the sets of Gavin and Stacey in Billericay and Barry Island, but have said I cant go on the basis that is it on the 6th July which depends on 2 things. a) England winning Group C and ii) England getting to the Semi Final.

Gavin and Stacey sets, That's well Ghey. :eek:

My dilemma is, should I splash out £150 odd on Freesat for the games, or £200 for a new pair of spectacles? :shrug:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
On that site its got North Korea's chances of winning the world cup as 0.0%.

Surely being one of the 32 they must have at least a 0.01% chance!!

0% for New Zealand too

oh, and slovenia and algeria

so thats 4 teams out of the 32 that apparantly have no chance of winning the world cup

odd

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
My mate is playing in his new band for the first time the day of the first group game. On one hand the World cup is only every four years but on the other i don't want to let him down

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You lucky bastard! I've been persuaded to start work over the first few weeks of the World Cup, so I will be trying to catch as any games as I can whilst persuading the annoying people at work that listening to football is more exciting than listening to bloody Scott Mills!

Btw, is the Wimbledon Men's Final the same day as the WC final? What a day if that's the case!

Some of us have been working all year, mate. What made you agree to start work then?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Some of us have been working all year, mate. What made you agree to start work then?

A choice between having a full time job for the whole summer, but starting during the world cup, or probably not working over the summer at all! Unfortunately it wasn't much of a choice!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
A choice between having a full time job for the whole summer, but starting during the world cup, or probably not working over the summer at all! Unfortunately it wasn't much of a choice!

Save up for them away games next year!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
My dilemma is that I'll be at Glastonbury for the last group game and the first knockout game (assuming we qualify top of our group).

They say there'll be big screens but you just don't know how it'll work. And if it's proper wet and muddy then I dunno what I'll do.

Taking a portable telly that can run off the cigarette lighter in the car just in case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports