Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone going to the Villarreal friendly?????

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a great big fat NO due to a prior booking to see some athletics at the (old) Olympic Stadium that day.

It's a shame the club weren't able to pull off the glamour friendly they promised everyone.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's a great big fat NO due to a prior booking to see some athletics at the (old) Olympic Stadium that day.

It's a shame the club weren't able to pull off the glamour friendly they promised everyone.

Indeed & what happened to this summers one a year big 'concert' that we are allowed...no income & no fun

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Yes. But I expect a extremely low attendance. Also noticed on the ticket site how poorly the Newport game is selling which is a bit of a surprise. £12 to watch us hammer somebody in the league cup is great value surely?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Me, mate and our missus's? are going.

We are getting into city centre mid afternoon. Having a nice meal with a few drinks and taking the train (first time by train for me).

Train back and shared taxi home.

Bliss, a great Saturday out..

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
will be missing this one, as i have my kids that weekend also being on cructhes wouldnt help being in row v in the north (bad fan i know)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. But I expect a extremely low attendance. Also noticed on the ticket site how poorly the Newport game is selling which is a bit of a surprise. £12 to watch us hammer somebody in the league cup is great value surely?

And the 12 pounds for the Newport game includes travel, which the friendlies do not.

In fact if you take out the travel cost, it is practically FREE

*exaggerates*

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The problem is that even if you put on a friendly between the two best teams in the world at your favourite stadium of all time, the simple fact that it is a friendly automatically makes it a waste of everybody's time and money. We could be playing Real Madrid and I still wouldn't go, because uncompetitive football is simply terrible. Save your money. If you don't go to Whitehawk, Crawley, Norwich and Villarreal, you will have saved enough money to buy yourself a ticket for Newport AND Derby, both of which matter and will be infinitely more enjoyable.

Talking about friendlies and prices......did anyone see that Bournemouth are changing £60 a pop for tickets against real Madrid...ffs.

That is just stupid

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I'll be there. By all accounts they are a quality team so I'm looking forward to it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be there. By all accounts they are a quality team so I'm looking forward to it.

People who don't know English football would presumably be saying similar things of Cardiff or Crystal Palace. Newly promoted to the top flight, colourful kit.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
People who don't know English football would presumably be saying similar things of Cardiff or Crystal Palace. Newly promoted to the top flight, colourful kit.
And both of those teams are worth a tenner each too.
I also like the idea of seeing a club I've never seen before. There are very few of those for me in England.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Can't wait, should be a good evening of football. Plus we get to see how OG is gonna setup the squad for league games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And both of those teams are worth a tenner each too.
I also like the idea of seeing a club I've never seen before. There are very few of those for me in England.

I'd rather play a foreign club too. Roma, for example. With TOP players. It is easy to forget that Villareal were relegated and coming back up again. Their good players left them. They are Newcastle of a few years ago, trying to bounce back.

Francesco Totti was rumoured. Villareal only offer FM legend Cani, and the hilarious Javi Venta. If either of them leave I am going to weep.

But I'll be there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here