Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone feeling a bit flat about tomorrow after the Marseille game?

Jimmy Grimble

I know where you’re coming from. In a weird way it does feel like a comedown. I think a lot of it is down to the fact that Liverpool are resurgent this year, whereas last year both games at The Amex it felt like we genuinely had a better XI than them while they were on downward spiral. Now they have one of our world class players from that XI and we might be fielding one of the players who was on their bench for both games bar a 30 minute spell where he came on and looked shite.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember being about 10 when we played away at Anfield in the FA cup and got a 2-2 draw (Jan 1991?). It felt like the absolute pinnacle of being a Brighton fan back then.
I was there that day and it was the most exciting game for some time, yes! What a season too, arguably still my fav for sheer drama.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Marseille was everything I had dreamed about for European football....rabid passionate fans , our players getting dogs abuse (Vs the normal indifference of big epl teams) , amazing comradery with both sets of fans. Hot weather. Beer in the stands. Football on a holiday. The best atmosphere of any game ever( and I've been to Brazil and European and world cup finals). Not forgetting the exciting game.

And now tomorrow , Liverpool at home, with the trains not working from London. Granted it could have been a lot worse. And the weather is nice. But just feels like such a comedown and gauranteed loss.

I feel bad that I'm this utterly spoilt though , but just being honest.

Almost can't be bothered with the premier League this season. All I can think about is the Europa League!
I'd have thought the prospect of playing against a multi winning League Championship/European Cup side with a significant history is more important than an adrenaline filled draw in the south of France.

It's all about context, we're still bottom of the
group.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is the 'bread and butter'

We won't be anywhere near the delights of Thursday for some time if we don't perform in the domestic league.

Massive
Yeah this. Fans, players, RDZ realistically need to prioritise the Premier League with our injuries

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
No as much as I dislike them playing Liverpool is one of the games I look out for love beating them still in my mind owe them for 91

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
A little flat after the anticipation and fun in Marseille but it's vital we make some noise tomorrow so we need to shake off any lethargy otherwise it will spread to the players who could easily be feeling the same. An extra effort needed from everyone I think.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Europe is an amazing achievement. But competing in the best league in the world is equally as exciting, and continues to be so.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
No feeling flat here. Was unable to go to Marseille but watched it on TV, so really up for this one

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Still on a bit of a high after Marseille. Daft as it may sound, I feel like a bit of a returning adventurer and it will be nice sitting amongst the usual STHs back in my regular seat. I have been to a number of England away games over the years, but didn't realise how different it would feel supporting my club abroad. Bloody magnificent🙂 And let's kick Liverpool's arse please lads, through to the next round and no excuses!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A fairly high Albion plateau continues for me.

I didn’t go to Marseille so haven’t got post holiday blues or a long hangover :lolol: .

Regarding the game itself tomorrow, if we hadn’t produced that great second half in Marseille, things would seem flat just now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Marseille was everything I had dreamed about for European football....rabid passionate fans , our players getting dogs abuse (Vs the normal indifference of big epl teams) , amazing comradery with both sets of fans. Hot weather. Beer in the stands. Football on a holiday. The best atmosphere of any game ever( and I've been to Brazil and European and world cup finals). Not forgetting the exciting game.

And now tomorrow , Liverpool at home, with the trains not working from London. Granted it could have been a lot worse. And the weather is nice. But just feels like such a comedown and gauranteed loss.

I feel bad that I'm this utterly spoilt though , but just being honest.

Almost can't be bothered with the premier League this season. All I can think about is the Europa League!
I know how you feel. None of us knew what it would be like supporting Albion in a competitive away european tie, and I dare say many of us could have imagined such an incredible atmosphere as we encountered. It way exceeded expectations for me too.

You've seen this stuff on TV, being there in the moment, is sensory overload.

The noise levels!

Its a paradigm shift in everything you'd experienced before in English away games.

But we're an English team, performing in this league, and our support at the Amex is our only route to more such incredible European away experiences.

The trouble is now you've seen it, you're previous away game 9 or 10 out of 10 is now just a 6!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
One day, maybe in the near future, maybe a bit further in the future, we'll be back in the Championship for a stint, maybe even lower at some point. We're not a big enough club for it not to happen again.

Think you need to keep that in mind more than anything!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
One day, maybe in the near future, maybe a bit further in the future, we'll be back in the Championship for a stint, maybe even lower at some point. We're not a big enough club for it not to happen again.

Think you need to keep that in mind more than anything!
💯

Bloom unfortunately won't live forever.

Enjoy the moment !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If @chimneys has got some of his agricultural rum that he gave me on Thursday night in the hotel bar lying around, I reckon I could get up for the game, in fact I could take on the world with that stuff.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If @chimneys has got some of his agricultural rum that he gave me on Thursday night in the hotel bar lying around, I reckon I could get up for the game, in fact I could take on the world with that stuff.
🤣 I’ve put the rest in my car fuel tank Jack! Real pleasure to meet you. Hope the footie was good last night too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here