Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone feeling a bit flat about tomorrow after the Marseille game?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Marseille was everything I had dreamed about for European football....rabid passionate fans , our players getting dogs abuse (Vs the normal indifference of big epl teams) , amazing comradery with both sets of fans. Hot weather. Beer in the stands. Football on a holiday. The best atmosphere of any game ever( and I've been to Brazil and European and world cup finals). Not forgetting the exciting game.

And now tomorrow , Liverpool at home, with the trains not working from London. Granted it could have been a lot worse. And the weather is nice. But just feels like such a comedown and gauranteed loss.

I feel bad that I'm this utterly spoilt though , but just being honest.

Almost can't be bothered with the premier League this season. All I can think about is the Europa League!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Almost can't be bothered with the premier League this season. All I can think about is the Europa League!
Need to do well in the premier league to be in the Europa next year though! Tomorrow is not a guaranteed loss though, scared of whoever is left back against Salah and will be a tough game but we do better against the 'better' sides and we do pull performances out of the bag all the time. Our form/performances under De Zerbi has never been as bad as it is right now though

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Marseille was everything I had dreamed about for European football....rabid passionate fans , our players getting dogs abuse (Vs the normal indifference of big epl teams) , amazing comradery with both sets of fans. Hot weather. Beer in the stands. Football on a holiday. The best atmosphere of any game ever( and I've been to Brazil and European and world cup finals). Not forgetting the exciting game.

And now tomorrow , Liverpool at home, with the trains not working from London. Granted it could have been a lot worse. And the weather is nice. But just feels like such a comedown and gauranteed loss.

And?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
No. Just knackered. But I expect once I see the official match thread I'll start getting excited again. Be up for it by kick-off.

(*stifles another yawn*)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I did not think about tomorrow’s game until 11:00 today when I thought I’d better check what time the kick off is. glad I did as I assumed it was later than 2pm. I could do with another couple of days before going to another game, so I can understand the players struggling with the schedule, mind you they are not 51 years (James Milner?) so they should be fine.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
This is hilarious! And yes, spoilt is the key word!! What a season though, and prolonged period, that fans feel Liverpool at home is well, a bit meh…LOL!
I remember being about 10 when we played away at Anfield in the FA cup and got a 2-2 draw (Jan 1991?). It felt like the absolute pinnacle of being a Brighton fan back then.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Europe is a nice distraction but I’m more excited about Liverpool at home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

‘’Guaranteed loss’’

Your usual glass completely empty outlook then LOL ….there’s always hope :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Good honest post Dwayne.

As I didn’t get to experience Marseille, no, I’m looking forward to tomorrow as much as ever but can totally understand where you’re coming from.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
‘’Guaranteed loss’’

Your usual glass completely empty outlook then LOL ….there’s always hope :)
I did think we would walk our Europa group !? How wrong was I. Marseille were pretty terrible so we've had 5 poor(ish) performances in a row now. That's another reason I'm semi dreading tomorrow and hope this thread is bounced after the game to mock me

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did think we would walk our Europa group !? How wrong was I. Marseille were pretty terrible so we've had 5 poor(ish) performances in a row now. That's another reason I'm semi dreading tomorrow and hope this thread is bounced after the game to mock me
Hmm…ok well I was a tad more cautious about expectations for the EL ….due to our lack of experience…..i take heart from that second half performance and hope we carry that into tomorrow and the rest of our EL campaign….whatever happens tomorrow i wont be back here to mock…..like i said always hope.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
As I type this from the departure lounge at Marseille, I can't wait until tomorrow 2pm.

It'll be different for sure, and of course I'm trepidatious with the current issues we have on the pitch, but I'll never take playing the likes of Liverpool for granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here