Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a go at this?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Impressive video.

Had to climb most of the Heathfield TV transmitter mast once, was flippin' freezing, wet and could feel it swaying about in the wind. Definitely focused the mind on not missing my footing or forgetting to clip onto the safety line. But nice views out to sea, planes heading into Gatwick, Canary Wharf etc.

Not quite on the same scale but seem to recall some knob climbing the floodlight pylon in the NE corner at The Goldstone. Kept the crowd amused until he was persuaded to come down.

i often tell friends about that, I think was against Southampton

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I fail to see what is remotely scary about being in a full safety harness and walking about or climbing anything.

Probably more at risk of injury tying your shoelaces.

That's the thing, I've re watched it now I'm home from work with the sound on and the antenna climbers don't use safety equipment when climbing, just for having a break, if they slip or fall, they've got a long time to think about it before making an engineer shaped hole in the floor.

I'd like to say I would have the guts to have a go, but over 1100ft up, on a wobbly tower without a harness when climbing. My bollocks would retract, I'd then shit myself, freeze and get stuck.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
That's the thing, I've re watched it now I'm home from work with the sound on and the antenna climbers don't use safety equipment when climbing, just for having a break, if they slip or fall, they've got a long time to think about it before making an engineer shaped hole in the floor.

I'd like to say I would have the guts to have a go, but over 1100ft up, on a wobbly tower without a harness when climbing. My bollocks would retract, I'd then shit myself, freeze and get stuck.

In which case the antenna climb sounds ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've seen someone freeze and lock on to a telephone pole on a training course. Two instructors had to get him down, ignoring my suggestion that we throw stones at him to try and knock him off.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
In which case the antenna climb sounds ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

It is amazing, no doubt about that, as much as I want to, I don't think I could......

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It is amazing, no doubt about that, as much as I want to, I don't think I could......

I reckon you would be surprised mate. In my experience if you fancy doing something, and then once you get there it is frightening or you are apprehensive you can usually push yourself to do it, and when you do it feels simply amazing.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I just soiled myself just watching that. $175?!!!!!! who pays who?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Its also the fact that they have to drag a 30lb swinging tool bag up by their waist. And then to top things he goes no handed for a while right at the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here