Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking in Peru?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Isnt that Brightons ASBO boy in the first pic?

Edit: having read the article now, and not just looked at the pics...apologies

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
One of their ex-boyfriends has pretty much confirmed she was a low-level drug dealer on the Island anyway! Nothing on this story is convincing me that they were 'forced' to do this

Although pretty much every person working in Ibiza as a PR is a low level drug dealer in some way shape or form. Nobody is out there doing it as a career move, it's mostly student types working the summer trying to subsidise their what they make for selling tickets and flyering (which is sod all!).

Nobody just wakes up in the morning and applies for a job as a drug smuggler, you need to mix in those circles in the first place to get drawn in. There are different levels of forced, there might have been underlying threats to do it.

I dare say they were never told what they were actually carrying. You only have to watch Banged up Brits Abroad on the discovery channel to see how these things work. There will be someone on this side who gets them involved who offers them a load of money or to clear a debt, they build up trust by making it sound very easy and telling them they'll be carrying a lot less than they're eventually given.

Once they've said yes it's very difficult to back out, if they try and say no to anything that's when you start getting threatened, guns pulled etc. Once they're in South America then all bets are off, they do what they're told.
If you're in the pocket of these drug types it's very difficult to get out, I know some horror stories just from round here.

*edt BTW, that's not aimed at springal in particular

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure why people are making excuses for these idiots.

Where are people making excuses? All I can see is people trying to work out what could've ACTUALLY happened rather than believing the newspaper bullsh*t.

I guess some people just see two human beings who have made a few bad choices, without setting out to deliberately hurt anyone.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Doesnt really matter what the papers say...if they are in custody having been caught trying to smuggle a large quantity of Cocaine, chances are, im afraid, they are what are called 'criminals' not naive little girls, who have made 'bad choices'....although apparently, they 'didnt have a choice'.
I seriously doubt if there would even be a thread on the issue if this was young men. I have a lot more sympathy for the families of these idiots.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes I do, its grown here, and its also grown in the UK.....ive grown it myself, but ive never tried to transport a couple of million pounds worth of it across international borders.
Its also, hardly on the same scale as a product that produces crack which causes serious social and physical damage.
I see what your saying, but I dont think the comparison bears up.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
So apparently they've given two different accounts already to the Police of what the situation was. Not a good start to the beginning of their nightmare.

The biggest dilemma that they face now is whether to keep quiet about who the people were that got them to smuggle coke into Spain or grass them up for a much more lenient sentence but looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. Personally, I'd keep quiet if they were forced into it.

I think they should serve their time in Peru. The prisons must be awash with drug smugglers. It's their country's responsibility now. When they finally get out they'll make money by writing a book and being on TV telling their story.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Those kiddies were nicked as soon as their plane tickets were bought for them. They'd have flagged up to Customs as being about a 98% probability of being drug mules.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Those kiddies were nicked as soon as their plane tickets were bought for them. They'd have flagged up to Customs as being about a 98% probability of being drug mules.

Well quite. It's hardly inconspicuous is it. " 2 tickets from Ibiza to Peru for 19 year old girls please. Purpose of visit? Oh they are dropping off 30 bags of porridge oats. Thanks"

I mean there's not a customs official on the planet who could penetrate that fortress of bullshit.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Yup fly in to Lima from Ibiza, go to Cusco, back to Lima, fly out. all in a couple of days. Red flag that dubious travel pattern.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Clearly these two girls are guilty of transporting and,clearly, they were not the masterminds here unless we believe that they were planning to distribute 11 kilos of bugle and have connections to South American drug cartels to supply their network whilst not speaking a word of Spanish between them. They are going to serve time for someone else's drug deal so I feel sorry for them on that level.

Anyone on here who has ever used class As and who has condemned these two idiots...hang your heads in shame. Hypocrites.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I feel sorry for them - they were young and daft, and we've all been there, but thankfully our mistakes didn't mean a life ruined in a foreign prison.
I trust all of those who do condemn them out of hand have never had a cheeky line of Charlie in their lives, because if they have then they are utter hypocrites, given that what they were snorting was probably brought in by some sorry drug mule just like these two.

Come on, taking drugs and bringing drugs across a continent is in a complete different class. No matter how many stupid things I have done when I was younger or how broke I was, I never in my dreams was as stupid to go down that road. Sorry, but if you are stupid enough to do that then maybe a the time will help wise them up a bit.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Come on, taking drugs and bringing drugs across a continent is in a complete different class. No matter how many stupid things I have done when I was younger or how broke I was, I never in my dreams was as stupid to go down that road. Sorry, but if you are stupid enough to do that then maybe a the time will help wise them up a bit.

How do you imagine drugs appear in your dealers little baggies? They ain't teleported mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes I do, its grown here, and its also grown in the UK.....ive grown it myself, but ive never tried to transport a couple of million pounds worth of it across international borders.
Its also, hardly on the same scale as a product that produces crack which causes serious social and physical damage.
I see what your saying, but I dont think the comparison bears up.

I do have a sense that you're being selective i.e. one drug industry is fine, another is not. And crack maybe does cause serious social and physical damage. But you have chosen the most potent form of what they were carrying for your argument. I could say the same about skunk. Your harshness on these girls seems a bit rich coming from a spliff toting reggae head. Do you not agree?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Although pretty much every person working in Ibiza as a PR is a low level drug dealer in some way shape or form. Nobody is out there doing it as a career move, it's mostly student types working the summer trying to subsidise their what they make for selling tickets and flyering (which is sod all!).

Nobody just wakes up in the morning and applies for a job as a drug smuggler, you need to mix in those circles in the first place to get drawn in. There are different levels of forced, there might have been underlying threats to do it.

I dare say they were never told what they were actually carrying. You only have to watch Banged up Brits Abroad on the discovery channel to see how these things work. There will be someone on this side who gets them involved who offers them a load of money or to clear a debt, they build up trust by making it sound very easy and telling them they'll be carrying a lot less than they're eventually given.

Once they've said yes it's very difficult to back out, if they try and say no to anything that's when you start getting threatened, guns pulled etc. Once they're in South America then all bets are off, they do what they're told.
If you're in the pocket of these drug types it's very difficult to get out, I know some horror stories just from round here.

*edt BTW, that's not aimed at springal in particular

You also have to remember that cetain people prey on the vulnerable. You can draw an analogy with old people being tricked out of their life savings. I can never understand how people can be so dim as to hand over their life's money but they do...and they do it regularly. There's been some pretty horrific stories recently about girls being groomed. Vulnerable people make all manner of irrational decisions which to me and you have plenty of alarm bells attached.

What they did was stupid, but little else.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
But why dress up as Mickey Mouse ?

mickeymouse.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports