Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking in Peru?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How could they not know what they were carrying? You don't get a gun put to your head to force you to carry food parcels.

If the person with the gun did not tell them what was in the parcel then they would not know.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
11 kilos is a effing long stretch.....15 -20 yrs at least.

7 years, out in 2 but cant leave the country till the 7 is up

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A total nonsense, of course they knew.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's hard to see beyond their apparent guilt.

They are presumably guilty of something. How does one end up in Peru smuggling drugs/with luggage full of drugs from a working holiday in Ibiza?

There is a small chance that they are guilty of naivety, maybe?

Obviously impossible to know, but it would be interesting to find out how many successful ops have been done via a plane/airport/sniffer dog.

I think in most cases of major drug-smuggling the customs at the arrival airport are in on it. Every now and again the customs have to 'catch' someone to make it look like they're doing their job, and the smugglers will tip off one of their mules who has pissed them of lately. I know for a fact this happens at Bali airport, and was why that guy from Brighton got caught last year.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Somebody should look at the security at the airport... girls with Colombians holding guns to their heads going through passport control is definitely poor security.....Sadly, a case of being naive/stupid/thinking they clever, is going to feck up these two girls lives.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone else think the girls may not have been 'forced' into cocaine trafficking

2 years if they admit it . Nothing really

They knew what they were doing and they look ropey without make up on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Somebody should look at the security at the airport... girls with Colombians holding guns to their heads going through passport control is definitely poor security.

Surely it would set the metal detector off?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I feel sorry for them - they were young and daft, and we've all been there, but thankfully our mistakes didn't mean a life ruined in a foreign prison.
I trust all of those who do condemn them out of hand have never had a cheeky line of Charlie in their lives, because if they have then they are utter hypocrites, given that what they were snorting was probably brought in by some sorry drug mule just like these two.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Very silly girls,I reckon.
I find it hard to believe some people still do this kind of thing and think they can get away with it,then when it goes pear shaped,plead ignorance.
Nevertheless,I do feel for them because their naivety will cost them dear.I hope they get through their ordeal relatively unscathed and can put their lives back together.
As a dad,I feel for the parents as well.What a worry for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel sorry for them - they were young and daft, and we've all been there, but thankfully our mistakes didn't mean a life ruined in a foreign prison.

I agree with this. In the grand scheme of things what they did was wrong but it's hardly crime of the century as far as I am concerned. There's a lot more out there which is deserving of 5 years than these two. Stupid yes, will they have learn from this yes, evil no, do they deserve locking up no.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It wouldn't take an IQ of more than 10 to make an informed decision on what you were being 'forced' to courier.

Sure. But it's still guess work on their part unless they have been told. But my point still stands that unless they were told they did not exactly know what was in the parcels. Anyway, if someone's got a gun to your head I think the contents are irrelevant.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My mate is working out there and lives in the same apartment block as one.

He is very surprised by the stories.
Make of that what you will

You've always got to be pretty sceptical about what the media report in these situations. Apart from the main facts I bet what the papers are reporting is mostly nonsense jazzed up to make it sellable to the public.

I know a bloke who got banged up for smuggling from South America to Europe, think he got done on about his 3d or 4th run. He never just turned up and left, they put him up for a week and he got all the free goodies that go with the territory -girls, bags of sherbert etc.

I think it's fair to say that these two have been naive at best. Whatever situation lead them up to this point I can guarantee it's a much bigger story than we're being told. Most people get into it to pay off debts, as my mate did. Chances are that they were neither scared little bunnies or hardened criminals, the truth lies somewhere in between.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You've always got to be pretty sceptical about what the media report in these situations. Apart from the main facts I bet what the papers are reporting is mostly nonsense jazzed up to make it sellable to the public.

I know a bloke who got banged up for smuggling from South America to Europe, think he got done on about his 3d or 4th run. He never just turned up and left, they put him up for a week and he got all the free goodies that go with the territory -girls, bags of sherbert etc.

I think it's fair to say that these two have been naive at best. Whatever situation lead them up to this point I can guarantee it's a much bigger story than we're being told. Most people get into it to pay off debts, as my mate did. Chances are that they were neither scared little bunnies or hardened criminals, the truth lies somewhere in between.

please stop being so sensible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I trust all of those who do condemn them out of hand have never had a cheeky line of Charlie in their lives, because if they have then they are utter hypocrites, given that what they were snorting was probably brought in by some sorry drug mule just like these two.

We've all been there?

What do you mean, we've all been in the position of being asked to carry 16kg of Gian Luca in our bags?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
We've all been there?

What do you mean, we've all been in the position of being asked to carry 16kg of Gian Luca in our bags?

Alright "I'VE" been there, maybe on the scale of these girls but i got myself in some very tricky situations that could have resulted in me doing time. Had i gone to prison, the relatively happy and comfortable life i have now would not exist.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If it was a couple of guys, would the sympathy, and the offerings of excuses for what they have been caught doing, be the same?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here