Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else quite enjoying the break from football?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have been able to get on with a few DIY things at weekends but to be totally honest I can't wait for 12th August.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Loving the break from football tbh. Currently enjoying my kids cricket season, have watched the Giro d'Italia etc (plus getting out on the bike myself at weekends), & the TdF starts this weekend.

Doubt I'll get back into football mode until Im sat back in my seat watching us walk out on to the pitch alongside Man City.

Your post has reminded me of the coming Tour de France. I've been watching them since the mid 80's. Twenty three days of drama, huge crowds, athletism, set against varied and beautiful scenery.

Without the spiteful tribalism of football.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Enjoying the off season knowing that one of the things that makes the football season great is having to wait for it. Pretend international tournaments and champions league qualifiers don't count, neither does the community shield, so the season starts on 12th August.

Strangely this year I'm not motivated to book my first trips over to see a couple of games. Usually I do it when the fixture list comes out but this year it doesn't seem to excite me. I think I might be put off by having to renew priority membership and my daughter 's memberships and having to enter the bun fight for tickets now where it was all so easy before.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes thanks .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
After a couple of very intense seasons and last season having the play offs and then the Euros I find myself unusually really not missing the football yet. Normally by now I'd be pining for it but not yet. I got excited when the fixtures came out a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I'm not too bothered for now and I'm enjoying doing other things at the weekend for the first time in ages. I think I needed the break!

I'm sure I will be raring to go by early August though.

I actually wish the break was longer. The new season comes round too soon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I actually wish the break was longer. The new season comes round too soon.

I think I'm probably getting old but I concur. A September start or late August would be very preferable. Would also mean we don't always have to go away in the first two weeks of the kids summer holidays.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There is no break for fans really, just anticipation about transfers etc. and preseason and what Ernest has for breakfast.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
After a couple of very intense seasons and last season having the play offs and then the Euros I find myself unusually really not missing the football yet. Normally by now I'd be pining for it but not yet. I got excited when the fixtures came out a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I'm not too bothered for now and I'm enjoying doing other things at the weekend for the first time in ages. I think I needed the break!

I'm sure I will be raring to go by early August though.

Absolutely, not missing it at all. Football, to me, rather means "winter", and I'm in no hurry for that. Loving the tennis and cricket at the mo.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Your post has reminded me of the coming Tour de France. I've been watching them since the mid 80's. Twenty three days of drama, huge crowds, athletism, set against varied and beautiful scenery.

Without the spiteful tribalism of football.

Well you say that, but have you seen the French reaction to Team Sky in recent years!?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yep - I'm enjoying it.

Bit of boating, few concerts, late afternoon rounds of golf.

All very enjoyable without having to worry about being near a radio, sneaking a look at your phone, trying to plan for random Sky kickoff changes etc.

Be great when it starts again though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here