Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else quite enjoying the break from football?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
When we have this crap downtime I hate it, once preseason starts in earnest with some games and stuff then you know the signing train really starts rolling and I enjoy those build up weeks. It's these weeks from the Champions League final to preaseason games that bores me to tears, I never enjoy it.

Jan 30, 2008
Well yes, but the lucky thing for you is that your favourite vids - the ones where fat beered-up blokes give it all the "hold me back" bollocks outside pubs - are up all year round. You're pretty much sorted for wnk material all year round. :thumbsup:
i'm not fat and I don't have a beer belly and i'm not bald , what's the attraction ???
regards
DR

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i'm not fat and I don't have a beer belly and i'm not bald , what's the attraction ???
regards
DR

don't like the football but like a geeky message board. Funny logic but as long as your happy.

Not missing it as the thought of the prem be better than the reality of likely being smashed and bottom

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Loving the break from football tbh. Currently enjoying my kids cricket season, have watched the Giro d'Italia etc (plus getting out on the bike myself at weekends), & the TdF starts this weekend.

Doubt I'll get back into football mode until Im sat back in my seat watching us walk out on to the pitch alongside Man City.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't have a ST so most likely won't get to many games next season as can't be arsed to fight with the glory hunters I'm not bothered either way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am enjoying the break and wish the football didn't start until September. I get very stressed by the Albion, I definitely love BHA far more than I should and couldn't sleep well before we achieved promotion.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Normally quite enjoy close season, but not this time, despite getting out and enjoying the sun, when it shine.

Chats with friends now seem to involve just politics, since there is nothing much Albion stuff to talk about, other than transfer gossip.

So yes, need the bloody football back...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
After a couple of very intense seasons and last season having the play offs and then the Euros I find myself unusually really not missing the football yet. Normally by now I'd be pining for it but not yet. I got excited when the fixtures came out a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I'm not too bothered for now and I'm enjoying doing other things at the weekend for the first time in ages. I think I needed the break!

I'm sure I will be raring to go by early August though.

No. I love football and hate sunshine...

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Not really - the Bundesliga fixtures were released today, and I've started planning me and the chaps(mainly Brighton) annual spring time sausage fest already???

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
the only good thing so far this summer has been the inclusion of the seagull logo at the top of every footie section. Stupid I know., but gave me a real buzz. Roll on August 16...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How 'normal people' get through life without football I have no idea.

I can't bloody wait.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
How 'normal people' get through life without football I have no idea.

In my case, by having a variety of interests. May to July is a chance to walk at weekends without having to work around Albion fixtures. I am old enough that seem to remember there was a time when season started in September, which seems a lot more sensible. I am glad we got promoted partly because it is 8 fewer games, and very few midweekers, which are a pain when you have a 300 mile round trip.

Also enjoy a bit of cricket, tennis and athletics for a change.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tried doing the Simmo Says Sabatical program, by getting my wife to reset my password, so I couldn't login for a while.
(waiting for rude comments now :fishing:)
To keep my mind off the break before the storm, by doing something else other than NSC.
Cut a long story short, I missed all the footy gossip :cry::cry:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I enjoy the break although loved the championship.It will be a very dull season I'm sure with very few wins but we've had some super seasons recently so can't complain.

Not looking forward to this season at all :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here