Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Just Feel Like Hiding In The Bogs Til 15:01 For Saturday Games?

Lush

Mods' Pet
That's because it's one of their anthems. Doesn't give us an advantage does it

They seem to sing it to 'Wol-ver-hamp-ton-wand-e-rers'.

Would be good if we could sing 'Brigh-ton-and-Hove-Alb-i-on' instead of 'der der der der der der der der'.

Or perhaps 'der der der der der der der der' is one of our anthems, as it's a line from Sussex by the Sea? ;)

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The words on the board, coupled with that awful remix of Ring of Fire is proper cringeworthy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The words on the board, coupled with that awful remix of Ring of Fire is proper cringeworthy.

It really is. And "cringe" and "cringeworthy" are some of the most overused words on here.

On Saturday it seemed like the players were standing around waiting to kick off while that gormless, gimmicky schmaltz that wouldn't be out of place at a particularly low-rent rodeo got done to death. Maybe it's just only my toes that curl at that moment but I can live with that.

What other terrace chants could the club incorporate in this bloated pre-match experience?

I'd maybe like to see them doing something with "My old man, said be a Palace fan...". I think they should work up some jaunty digital animation for the big screens which illustrates the fine old lyrics that follow on from that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
ROF is great, really gets the place rocking prior to kick-off. Personally I like the fact the club have picked up on something started by the fans.

Words are fine by me as long as they get people singing SBTS, our brilliant and totally unique club song, which can only be a good thing.

Fanzone is a bit w*nky though.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Ok...so NO scarf twirling....No words to GOSBTS.....NO Fanzone......we certainly don't create any atmosphere ourselves from the stands......But I don't see any suggestions coming out of NSC just negatives.....
At least the club are trying more than the fans

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I like ring of fire, I understand the words being on the screen but fanzone can **** off, I don't want 20-30,000 people looking at me dancing to a collection of songs that other clubs would use as goal music :angry: :moo:

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
GOSBTS words on the big screens! Synchronised scarf-twirling! Dear GOD! How did it ever come to this? Are We Human, Or Are We Reading? Sake!

Beam me down Scotty - about 3 seconds before the game finally starts...

Ive got a spare scarf you can borrow for a quick twirl Tom!!
Mind your syrup tho :lolol::rock:

I like it, think the ring of fire gets thing going, even the Wolves supporters where clapping along to it. Created a great atmosphere at the start.
That's because it's a Wolves song. They probably thought it was a generous gesture to the away supporters, along with the Marston's Pedigree they'd been drinking earlier.

[yt]JBdmhFw6o3Y[/yt]

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Usually gangle around the concourse listening to a tune or two until 3.02, but I hate the feeling of annoying my neighbours so got there at 2.57 on Satdi. Horrendous. If you have to force an atmosphere you're admitting defeat. Players looked embarrassed. It's a slippery shit slope towards turning into Bolton and playing music when we score. I'd happily hide in that toilet out of Trainspotting with only a randy Gully for company if it meant never hearing that again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here