[Football] Anyone else going to watch the England game ONLY if Moder is playing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Most clubs accept kids from 5 years old (but there are no contested scrums until they're 14). I often stop and watch the little kids play before my training session starts and they look so enthusiastic. I have great respect for the coaches who handle the youngest ages, they must be a nightmare to control.:lolol:

Oh l don't know, some of you older types aren't much easier to control are you? :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I was always a big England fan but us being in the Premier League seems to have effected my support due to our players constantly being overlooked by Southgate since Ashworth joined us and the antics of the England players (eg Kane, Walker, Maguire) when we play against them. I think it was easier to get behind England when we were in the lower leagues.

Now this point is true.

Now we are in the top division, we are inevitably bought into conflict in the PL games.

I would say though.

1) That fans of regular top flight teams, such as Everton. for example would have had to have swallowed their pride and followed England teams with loads of Liverpool players in for generations. They find a way to do this.
2) Even when we were down the leagues, there were PL teams who were obviously dislikeable, even though we weren't playing them. Many will have detested Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal even though we never played them.
3) England have always had players who have acted like knobs and weren't that likeable. I think this current team has plenty of players who are widely respected. Sterling, Rashford, Henderson, TAA, Coady

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes like to answer the OP's question, l'll probably only be watching if Jakob Moder makes an appearance, that is if the wife let's me monopolise the tv watching tonight..

As an Englishman l'll be wanting us to win, but have have always had a soft spot for the Poles, history hasn't been kind to them as a nation.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This game will be useless without 11 Poles. Which will please [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION].

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Odds of 25-2 suggest otherwise

Weight of money being bet (especially after Lebo injury) will be heavily influencing the odds.

If you're only going by the odds an an indicator of whether it will be a good game, I think you'll miss lots of good games. Lots of factors are at play with odds.

I think we'll win. We're a very good side. But I expect a decent contest, even without their only world class player.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Now this point is true.

Now we are in the top division, we are inevitably bought into conflict in the PL games.

I would say though.

1) That fans of regular top flight teams, such as Everton. for example would have had to have swallowed their pride and followed England teams with loads of Liverpool players in for generations. They find a way to do this.
2) Even when we were down the leagues, there were PL teams who were obviously dislikeable, even though we weren't playing them. Many will have detested Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal even though we never played them.
3) England have always had players who have acted like knobs and weren't that likeable. I think this current team has plenty of players who are widely respected. Sterling, Rashford, Henderson, TAA, Coady

Only to be let down by the likes of Grealish, Mings, Kane and Pickford!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can’t stand Southgate he’s stealing a living as a football manager, Haven’t really enjoyed watching England since Hoddle was manager one clueless tool after another.

It used to be a big thing watching England now I couldn’t give a shit which is sad.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course I'll be watching.

I don't only support Brighton when they're doing well, and I wouldn't do the same for England.

Some people seem very fickle with their support.

If one only supported England when they were doing well, it wouldn't have any fans except for the ones who saw us win in '66. We have been next to useless since then.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can’t stand Southgate he’s stealing a living as a football manager, Haven’t really enjoyed watching England since Hoddle was manager one clueless tool after another.

It used to be a big thing watching England now I couldn’t give a shit which is sad.

missed the semis , what a summer that was

your loss

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nick Pope has yet to concede in his 6 matches for England, which is the best start for any keeper in England history.

So that'll be Pickford back between the sticks when he's fit, then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If one only supported England when they were doing well, it wouldn't have any fans except for the ones who saw us win in '66. We have been next to useless since then.

Agreed, first decent team turns up , and it’s another Glorious Failure

We won the World Cup against the odds, no manager since Ramsey has managed to make us over perform. It was Fabulous, I was a young kid living in Germany at the time, even better :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Useless is not even qualifying for the World Cup or Euros.
Sorry, but I did watch us in 66 and get fed up with English so called fans running us down. :annoyed:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If he gets forward as much as it seems he likes too a anytime scorer @11s will be my interest bet , England 3-1 will do nicely.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great, be tuning in shortly

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Look, we’re going to qualify anyway right? We all know the drill, stroll qualification then get dispatched by the first half decent team we play at the tournament.

For that reason I’ll be quite happy to see Moder bang a couple in tonight and make Southgate sweat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports