Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else getting close to finally moving into the Hyypia out camp?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I only moved into "out" at the weekend. I cannot continue to support a manager who lets his team try and sit on leads, no matter how early the goal is scored. We show a complete lack of ambition once we go ahead. It's fecking maddening to watch. Not knowing who is taking free kicks and penalties resulting in disagreements virtually every game between players is park football stuff not Championship level. We cannot cope with concentrating and fighting for the ball for 95 mins and we are often second to 50/50 balls. I am totally disillusioned with the manager we have now, in fact it is reminiscent of MA mark 2, as has been suggested by a few already. Every team seems able to carve our defence open at will, thank God they are mostly as shit as finishing as we afe.

I have no idea what our tactics are most of the time, maybe it is all too complicated for me.

Out out out for me and the sooner the better.

It's worse than that though isn't it. Under Garcia, we ground out a lot of 1-0 wins. It wasn't pretty and people moaned, but we knew how to defend and could hold on.

Under Sami, once we take the lead, we have no idea how to hang onto it. In the past 2 games we've had the lead 3 times and it was so obvious to everyone we would lose it. Again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Finally moving in to the Hyypia Out Camp?? I've been in so long planning permission already has come through for the extension and the Mrs is out choosing curtains.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's worse than that though isn't it. Under Garcia, we ground out a lot of 1-0 wins. It wasn't pretty and people moaned, but we knew how to defend and could hold on.

Under Sami, once we take the lead, we have no idea how to hang onto it. In the past 2 games we've had the lead 3 times and it was so obvious to everyone we would lose it. Again.

You are right although Garcia often set us up to defend and then made the changes that resulted in late goals. I could accept it, given our injury woes, We may have been boring but we looked solid and organised, We look a complete shambles for 80% of the times these days.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Small consolation, but I still maintain that the football has been more entertaining compared to last year; though when I said that I was happy to sacrifice 6th for some more excitement on the pitch I didn't mean this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's hard not to edge that way, and as said, it's the midfield that's killing Sami.
The defence is solid enough (until we score :facepalm:).
The attacking unit is clearly a bodge job not of Sami's doing.

Holla looked fantastic with the sun on his back, but that gradually edged away.
T'Shearer, JFC, & Gardener are all kids.
We 'should' be predisposed to regular England under 21 JFC, so I'll leave well alone.
T'Shearer may well be a good player in 5 years time, but he's clearly not as good now as he thinks he is.
I just don't get Gardener, full stop.

For the last 18 months we've needed an attacking, forward passing unit, behind the strikers.
Kemy could and should be an Albion legend.

I'm still going to stick with Sami, just.
Solely because at the end of the day sacking him doesn't alter the problems.
It just makes us one of 'those' clubs, constantly chasing instant gratification without actually working for it.

Sami's not Hollaway, with a Tony Pullis type waiting to ride in and 'save' us.
For that to happen there will be a lot of contracts to be paid up.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Small consolation, but I still maintain that the football has been more entertaining compared to last year; though when I said that I was happy to sacrifice 6th for some more excitement on the pitch I didn't mean this.

Classic example of being careful what you wish for! :down:

I agree though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
always backed Sammi to the hilt on here but since Saturday I'm afraid he has to go more for his sake than anything else.
he is carrying the can for others and I think will eventually call it a day himself
then its up to Tony to get someone in who can get us up the table and clear out some of the dead wood players and staff who are not doing the club any favours

D

Deleted member 22389

Lose on Saturday I reckon it will be curtains for SH. We cannot afford to go down this season. The club will look at this, and the impact it would have on season ticket sales if we did. I would go whatever division we are in but there are some who wouldn't. I have already noticed a few people who have dissapeared this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I want to say OUT but only last week had suggested he needs to be given until Christmas, so I'll stick to my guns for now. I think half a season is enough time to judge, and think that if he gets binned from that point, half a season is still enough time to turn things around with someone else running things.

But ultimately that squad ought NOT to be a bottom 3 squad, so he has undoubtedly done his job badly. I'd say being naiive with squad selection and misjudging the quality of his players are forgivable mistakes, as long as he learns from them. Little sign of that though. And what is completely UNFORGIVABLE is the constant cluelessness of our players at set pieces. WTF is going on if you can't even get that sort of thing right during training? This is basic stuff.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I want to say OUT but only last week had suggested he needs to be given until Christmas, so I'll stick to my guns for now. I think half a season is enough time to judge, and think that if he gets binned from that point, half a season is still enough time to turn things around with someone else running things.

But ultimately that squad ought NOT to be a bottom 3 squad, so he has undoubtedly done his job badly. I'd say being naiive with squad selection and misjudging the quality of his players are forgivable mistakes, as long as he learns from them. Little sign of that though. And what is completely UNFORGIVABLE is the constant cluelessness of our players at set pieces. WTF is going on if you can't even get that sort of thing right during training? This is basic stuff.

Whilst I'm already in the 'out' camp, I have to say I agree with all this.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was furious on Saturday, we threw away a reasonable first half, again! and looked totally rudderless at times. I said this morning that I have been one of the in, in and in brigade, but I do think we're now in serious trouble. Too many panic signings, too many new faces, almost too much choice for a manager who clearly doesn't know his best team and/or system. Letting CMS go was also, given our predicament and need for committed players, a foolish mistake.

All of the blame shouldn't be laid at Sami's door (for he has to work with what he is given), it is evident however that he is struggling massively to motivate and get his ideas (?!?) across to the players.

The crux, Tony will back his man to the detriment of the club - Pride comes before a fall, does it not?

Kosh

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm pretty much in the out camp now. Playing youngsters in midfield works when they have an older head next to them. How much did Bridcutt learn from that first season playing alongside the likes of Kishishev, Sparrow and Dicker? Ince, Gardner and JFC are all decent players but very inexperienced we need a player like Holla alongside them, he has around 200 games at the highest level in Holland. How come Hyypia can't see this? An older head to guide the younger players through at this level when the going gets tough is needed, it will stop the heads from dropping. I am sure if we could stop our midfield going missing week in week out we'd turn results around pretty quickly.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I have moved to the out camp. I think others had said before about Sami being unlucky with injuries etc etc, which is all well and good, but Oscar had to work with an horrific injury list and look where we finished up - not pretty, but effective. Oscar was able to get the best out of the players available to him. Look at our results this season and yes, we haven't been tonked and we still have a respectable goal difference given our league position. What Sami has failed to do is get the best out of a squad that is capable of mid table at least. It's that old Alf Ramsay quote of choosing the the best team, not he necessarily the best players. Sorry Sami, time to step aside and let someone else salvage the season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Playing youngsters in midfield works when they have an older head next to them. How much did Bridcutt learn from that first season playing alongside the likes of Kishishev, Sparrow and Dicker? Ince, Gardner and JFC are all decent players but very inexperienced we need a player like Holla alongside them, he has around 200 games at the highest level in Holland. How come Hyypia can't see this?

Exactly. He is doing the young players a disservice playing them all together.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saturday was the final straw for me. I continually defend managers on here but here's my problem.

We don't look a terrible side, we haven't been thrashed by anyone (yet - though Saturday might change that.)

BUT consistently at crunch moments throughout the season we've wilted under pressure. There's no self belief. These are good players but they lack a plan nor the neccessary motivation. The fingers only point in one direction for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here