Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else getting close to finally moving into the Hyypia out camp?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally I'm amazed there are still so many who are 'in'.
I'm all for stability, but there has been nothing to suggest Hyypia is the right man. The players he has at his disposal, while not as good as previous seasons, are far better than they have shown since he arrived.
Had my concerns since pre-season when I saw his preferred formation and since then despite a change of formation there has been no improvement and he has failed to get anything near the best from any of the players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm fed up with crap results week after week, I haven't warmed to the manager and haven't detected any improvement from the players (with the exception of Dunk, who is clearly now our best player).

I think its time to give someone else a go. Sorry Sami.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nails in the coffin.....
1) The man admitted that he wasn't a leader on the pitch when he played. He said he let others do the shouting and organising and let his own play do the talking. Fine, when you are being managed and others can take responsibility but you have to gain respect as a manager by being a leader.
2) The man has about as much charisma as a piece of driftwood on the beach. Flat, monotone, totally uninspiring. Can imagine the players dozing off during team talks. No fire, no drive, just passionless. It reflects in the players.
3) The man admitted that there would be no change in tactics or formation. One win in 15 games and he still believes in his system. One game-plan, one thought process, no flexibility, no future.
4) The players are disorganised and disillusioned. He clearly has little or no impact in the dressing room.
5) Tactically naive, his substitutions are now questionable, at the very least
6) The final nail is out there waiting to be hammered in.....a thumping defeat at Derby may will be it.
As you've guessed I'm firmly in the out camp. I said he should be judged between the two International breaks ( Oct - Nov )...we had six games, with four at home. We got six points, including a fortuitous win v Wigan. Keep SH in charge and we will limp forward, hovering in and around the bottom three, struggling to make up ground on those above us.
This club cannot afford to go down. It will spell disaster. It has to be avoided at all costs. The longer SH is in charge, the worse it is going to get. He has said he is not going to change anything so nothing is going to change, whilst he remains .

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yes ,I am slowly moving into that camp. We have been genuinely unlucky but when it happens too much something must happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was very pro-Hyypia early on, and have defended him numerous times against people who I thought were being far too reactionary. All throughout the season we've seen some really nice passages of play, and occasions where we have been the better team and not won.

However, his handling of the midfield has been a shambles. We've brought in:

Holla
Toko
McCourt
Texieira

And not a single one of them is being used.

If our midfield on Saturday is any of the following;

JFC ; Gardner
JFC ; Ince
JFC ; Ince ; Gardner
Ince ; Gardner

I will (sadly) be finally moving to a position of Hyypia out, as it will show that he really isn't learning quickly enough from his mistakes. Our central midfield was non-existent in the 2nd half against Fulham, and is very clearly not working at present.

Congratulations on finally moving to the right side...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Already have moved over to the 'OUT' camp, much as it saddens me to admit it. I just don't think he and the players have any sort of understanding whatsoever, regardless of whatever ability as a manager he actually possesses.

Let me help you with this. Sami's managerial ability is negligible to nonexistent.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and it really IS NOT down to Sami being unlucky. His tactical nous is that of a brick. Take his substitutions against Fulham as the latest in a very long list of examples of his ineptitude.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was in the IN camp for precisely 8 days since then I've moved to the extreme OUT camp. Fulham made us look turd.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not being funny but you live in OZ and don't get to watch matches. How can your opinion be valid?

I just happened to have been born in Brighton and lived there until 8 years ago.
I had player trials for them as a teenager and have supported them for over 46 years.
I watch on Sky, when on and otherwise listen through Seagulls world, every Saturday/Sunday morning.
I personally think that everyone has a valid opinion, even you, even though it is narrow minded.
What's your excuse.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I've been sat on the fence so long my bums sore. Fulham finally brought me some relief, I'm now firmly in the OUT camp with my fold up chair and a 6 pack :cheers:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I've wanted him to do well, as others have said we need managerial stability... but we need managerial stability in the top half of this league, not L1.

The final nail in the coffin for me was bringing off an injured Kaz and brining on Rohan Ince when we had Baldock & March on the bench. We had been the better team and actually looked dangerous until then. We're at home to a struggling team, making a defensive sub at 0-0 shows how clueless he is.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sami's recent league record (home and abroad) which I believe is now 4 wins in 31 matches is simply not good enough. At that rate, we would win one game in the next eight matches. Surely this string of poor results must now be having an effect on Sami's mindset. If he still actually believes he's a winner and can convince the players the same then he should stay. Otherwise he surely has to go. Personally I would, with regret, let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here