Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else feeling strangely positive about next season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If its Oscar, yes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think in a couple of days we will all feel positive.

I think this as well.

When we have a non-suspended manager, have signed a quality left back, and David and ElAbd ( and Vicente ??? ) have re-signed, it'll all start to look good again.

Then we can speculate on perhaps another striker and midfielder, and how Buckley and Bridcutt are in fact staying for another year.

And we can think about a top 2 finish.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
What's not to feel optimistic about?

We have a remarkably strong squad which, with the exception of Lopex and EL Abd, are under contract. We MIGHT lose a couple to the premiership but that's standard stuff in the championship and we will get good money for replacements. We will have pick from a long list of very capable managers to take the great work that Gus has done forward. We still have a great stadium, great crowds and a dedicated Chairman and Board.

We are Brighton and if you will only be happy if we are favourites for automatic promotion then you need to find some perspective. However if you would like a season of competetive exciting football against quality opposition in front of 25000 plus home crowds, under a roof with beer and pies and with a chance of making the top six or two then there is EVERYTHING to be optimistic about!

I can't wait!!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What's not to feel optimistic about?

We have a remarkably strong squad which, with the exception of Lopex and EL Abd, are under contract. We MIGHT lose a couple to the premiership but that's standard stuff in the championship and we will get good money for replacements. We will have pick from a long list of very capable managers to take the great work that Gus has done forward. We still have a great stadium, great crowds and a dedicated Chairman and Board.

We are Brighton and if you will only be happy if we are favourites for automatic promotion then you need to find some perspective. However if you would like a season of competetive exciting football against quality opposition in front of 25000 plus home crowds, under a roof with beer and pies and with a chance of making the top six or two then there is EVERYTHING to be optimistic about!

I can't wait!!!

Yep. :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm always optimistic - I like watching football and seeing the drama as it unwinds. I'm sure we have an exciting season ahead of us - for me, boring would be expecting to win most of our matches and getting annoyed when it didn't happen.

Is exactly how I feel.

One of the joys of football is having no idea what is going to happen from week to week. I'm not going to stress myself worrying about a possible outcome to the season that may never occur.

There are far too many people worrying themselves into an early grave. Relax. What happens, happens.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
why do oeople still rhink that the manager is either the sole mover or even the key mover when it comes to transfers?
Burke will have done the work last season with bis scouting team and will continue to be the main man takkung to agents which is one of the main elements.
TB will sell the club and its ambition to the player once tbe deal is close to closure and will be able to tell potential new players exactly what he will be telling the existing players tomorrow morning - where we stand with Gus & co and the type of manager (to continue our "continentalk" style of play) he plans to get in and when by

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
why do oeople still rhink that the manager is either the sole mover or even the key mover when it comes to transfers?
Burke will have done the work last season with his scouting team and will continue to be the main man talking to agents which is one of the main elements.
TB will sell the club and its ambition to the player once tbe deal is close to closure and will be able to tell potential new players exactly what he will be telling the existing players tomorrow morning - where we stand with Gus & co and the type of manager (to continue our "continentalk" style of play) he plans to get in and when by

When Tapatalk typing goes horribly wrong. :lolol:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I have a funny feeling this season will end in relegation, and mass inquests.

Won't be the boards fault tho.....

In all seriousness, more due to the fact that preseason starts tomoro, as opposed to any confidence I have in the powers that be I actually think this week will see a variety of good news; new manager in and a player or 2 on the way. There's still enough time just, for us to get everything sorted and start the new season on a level playing field with everyone else.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
New committed manager on board (hopefully a Flairniac with access to some Barca B loans or technical wizard with some good Spurs connections), reduced expectations all round, Ulloa and CMS up front, post-traumatic siege mentality, a Plan B, players hurting from last season's finish and with another season's experience in the Championship.....

Or is it just me?

Actually mate I'm totally with you on this, looking forward to a fresh start and hoping we go up !
What a party in Brighton next May that would be !!!!

Poyet has done so odd and at times stupid things but lets not forget where we finished this season and he won us League 1 too.
Fair play to him and good luck wherever he goes too.
As for someone saying his legends poster should be taken down ... FFS GET A LIFE !!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Won't be the boards fault tho.....

In all seriousness, more due to the fact that preseason starts tomoro, as opposed to any confidence I have in the powers that be I actually think this week will see a variety of good news; new manager in and a player or 2 on the way. There's still enough time just, for us to get everything sorted and start the new season on a level playing field with everyone else.

I suspect we're already too late to sign the type of quality you need. Luckily, Gus has left the framework of a good team here so any new manager coming in doesn't have too much to do. But we clearly need a left back, and we clearly need another centre back or two. There is work to do in this squad, but the bones are there. They're very bare at the moment though!

bloody silly thing! :lolol:

What device do you have? Without doubt, I make more typos on my S3 than I did on the original S.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd just like to report that I've been out, had a curry and a couple of pints of Bangla, and returned home still feeling strangely positive. I didn't see Ashley Barnes though, but I know someone who laid his carpets and stole a pair of his wife's panties....or was that Chris Eubank?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here