Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else feeling strangely positive about next season?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No.

Changing manager very rarely has positive results in the first season, if at all. There is a very good chance that our next managerial appointment will be an absolute disaster, like so many other clubs have experienced.

We have no reason to be optimistic.

I raise you what I have already said in this topic - Hull City. Long saga last Summer with Nick Barmby, eventually appointed Steve Bruce then got promoted this season.

But if you want to be all doom and gloom, you may as well go and watch Palace as thats all its going to be for them.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No.

Changing manager very rarely has positive results in the first season, if at all. There is a very good chance that our next managerial appointment will be an absolute disaster, like so many other clubs have experienced.

Oh, ok, thanks. I think you may want to change your signature then.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've felt strangely positive ever since we got planning permission at Falmer.

There again, i'm not a bi-polar 13 year old :angel:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, not at the moment until the current crap is resolved.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm always optimistic - I like watching football and seeing the drama as it unwinds. I'm sure we have an exciting season ahead of us - for me, boring would be expecting to win most of our matches and getting annoyed when it didn't happen.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Albionwise i remain a tad hopeless, until we end this debacle, that is. Our wishes and chances are often built by club and manager statements, and the only ones we've had of them have been aired with blame and accusation, so it's been mostly foul and unpositive. When it's all done, though, and we spend a bob or two, then we'll go mad with expectation again, i hope, talking endlessly about someone who's a waste of money and why LuaLua doesn't start every game and recalling with pleasure a thread started by a perpetual moron that badmouths an individual after 2 games.
Currently, i am ensnared by a remorse that only change can snip me free from.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No.

You've got to get over losing Poyet and stop your moping! We don't even know who the new manager is going to be ffs let alone what players he'll draft in!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel if we the right man we could have a great season. and we need to bring in a big stong centre midfielder as i feel we are light weight in midfield as i feel we were always out muscled in midfield last season, we need a decent left back and maybe a decent goal keeper to put pressure on tom k and brez and a decent centre back and an attcacking midfielder who will undo the defence in tight games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

There's a thousand and one reasons for managerial change.
I don't see how you can make that generalization.

As it stands Gus and his assistant are leaving.
They aren't taking half the squad with them, yet.
They aren't leaving a failing team.
They aren't leaving an ageing team.

They are leaving a successful blue print.

The assumption is Sherwood would rip up that blue print, which would cause upheaval.
But Oh ah Oscar will take it and improve it.

Depending on the manager, im likely to be positive about next season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have no chance of even making the play offs next season now. The club as of today is a shambles in terms of preparation for next season. As it is we have no one to even take training next week so Matt Miller will likely have to do it. We have a manager possibly waiting but how long before someone like Garcia says, f*ck this, I am off to a club who has their shit together. I am sure we are not the only club interested in him. He would have around a week to get a team ready for the first friendly even if installed next week. We have players offered contracts but rightly have not signed them as they would probably like to know who the manager might be, we have lost Bridge and Upson and have signed no one and unlikely to whilst this ridiculous state of affairs continues. Anyone that thinks Tanno is going to come back is living in fantasy land and Oatway has been hung out to dry. Shitgate apparently, is now concluded with no outcome or statement on how it happened and who was responsible. People are cancelling their st monthly instalments, the club will not publicise this and we have imploded completely and with the backdrop of this mid table would be an achievement next season. Prepare for midtable at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here