Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else feeling pessimistic?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have, I think, a great first team coach, and 7 weeks to get the 4 or 5 players we need.

I'm sure we'll get quality in, just hope the left back is one of the first.

Hopefully by the 2nd new signing, the optimism will start to spread through the whole club and everyone connected.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was not permanently injured. Fit from the New Year. Poyet didn't use him properly. Getting bored with this now so going for a beer

Vicente CLAIMED he was fit. Doesn't mean it was true. Not really a trustworthy source, is he? Look how isolated he was with his anti-Gus rant.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Adam re-signs, Upper signs , also looking promising for Vicente and possibly Spanish Dave. Plus there is no doubt Oz will sign a few players to give his stamp on the squad.

Pessimistique-Non
Optimisitique -Oui!!

Seagulls!

TNBA

TT le F

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nothing has happened and nothing should have happened YET. At least wait till nearer the season.

And for the record I predict 7th (like I did last year)

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Now those who know me will tell you that I am a pretty cheery and optimistic fellow... however for some reason there is a nagging feeling in me that this season is going to be tough. Relegation battle tough.

Can't put my finger on why. Seeing the Assistant managers job advertised on the website has made it worse for some reason!

Anyone else feeling the same or am I being a grumpy b*****t?

Come on! You are just being a worry wart!!

List the positives:

1. Good young manager appointed, playing the same system but faster (what everyone wanted)
2. Ulloa playing from the start of the season
3. Upson signed
4. El-Abd retained
5. Training ground works well under way
6. Promising DS players being given opportunities, essential in this day and age
7. A Chairman who is extremely committed, focused and driven to push us to the next level

All these things would have you drooling at the lips if there had been a quiet and quick parting of the ways with Gus but the way it happened and all the stuff that made the press has left us a little flat. Ok, we may be a little behind but we have kept the majority of the squad except Vicente and Bridge but then Vicente never played and I am sure OG has the contacts to get a decent LB in.

What you have to really believe though, is that Tony Bloom would not be doing any of this if he was not 100% sure, ignore this 'he's a gambler' nonsense. He is a top, top businessman who has invested hundreds of millions into the club so he would absolutely never let anything get to the point where his beloved club and his 'business investment' just go so far backwards that we suddenly face relegation!!

So come on, be positive, get on the Os-Car and enjoy the ride!

If we can adapt to his ideas quickly we will make the top two, mark my words!!

UTA

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Now those who know me will tell you that I am a pretty cheery and optimistic fellow... however for some reason there is a nagging feeling in me that this season is going to be tough. Relegation battle tough.

Can't put my finger on why. Seeing the Assistant managers job advertised on the website has made it worse for some reason!

I reckon They had to advertise the job properly because of all the Gus stuff. It's a bit too early for me to feel pessimistic - my main concern is that we get out-muscled.....I watched Gib play Charlton his week and most of Charlton's players were over 6' and they played a highly physical, fast closing down game. It was pretty ugly but effective.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Worth a bounce.

Update: I'm still worried!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Pessimistic ?

No, not at all.

But could somebody please explain to Oscar that we wanted to WIN from a goal behind rather than LOSE from a goal in front ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am an optimistic person so i think it will come good.

But since the Villareal game I have had serious doubts and the cynical side of me senses we could be this years Wolves. A club you don't expect to struggle always gets relegated in this league.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was today's big wrong decision...I thought we deserved nowt from the game tbh

Apparently there was a handball by derby when lopez took a free kick on the edge of the area in the first half. I missed it.

One of their players also tapped/slapped/hit ulloa in the face while he was laying on the ground after being fouled in the second half. Ulloa also reached up and tapped/slapped/hit that guy in the face. Both got yellow cards because the lino was behind it and didn't see the hands to the faces and the ref was dealing with the free kick he had just awarded, both could have seen red with today's laws, if they had been seen properly by the officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here