Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else excited?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair junior, you hated him from the moment he got here, so I imagine you are ******* yourself silly at the moment

Personally I think it is so Brighton…..best position we have ever been last season…flying this season. Playing magnificent football….and bang , the management **** off to a nasty club full of racist fans, who hire and fire like Watford!

Be interesting if this group of players , not the people who have grown up with the club, but those who arrived over the last few years, have their heart in it and if they are here because of Brighton or because of potterball!

Bournemouth will be a very good barometer

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm excited at the prospect of joining in with the "One Greedy *******" chant when he returns to the AMEX.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I really don't believe we have a good contingency plan for potter. Never have.

I think Bloom will have conducted some ongoing detailed research and will have a shortlist of preferred replacements. But the problem with any contingency plan is that you never know exactly when you’ll need it, so I think the timing will have come as a shock and will make it difficult.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We are a club that is happy to be a stepping stone for players, and so why not the manager too?
The big advantage now of having Potter for the last three years is that it shows other aspiring managers that coming to Brighton, and doing well, could be a stepping stone to bigger things for them. We should embrace that.
Also, all our players will have benefitted from his coaching. To then have another excellent coach take over will enhance their abilities further. Of course it’s a shame but exciting to see who takes us on to the next stage.
( let’s not forget that it was only 14 games ago that we were on a run of 6 defeats and one draw. Potter himself used the expression of ‘recency bias’ and this will be enhancing our view of his time here.)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah a bit

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From the moment Chelsea came calling it was inevitable Potter would go. Money, status, and the opportunity to progress the careers of his backroom team and potentially set them up for life too.

No one man is bigger than the club and we have an opportunity now for someone new to come in and push us on. It's strange that the overwhelming mood on the forum at the moment is that we are doomed, we're going to implode, Potter was the only person capable of guiding us etc.

I'm quite excited about who we will get next. Bloom rarely makes a mistake and with us looking a very healthy proposition to manage at the moment we will not be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Once the transfer window closes we Normally have to wait 6 months for this sort of excitement/anticipation to come around.

As that cock Romano would say, here we go...

Not sure I have ever agreed with you, but I agree with all that. Nothing more to say on the topic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here