Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else excited?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No not at all, I'm just gutted. I've never looked forward as much to watching us as I have under Potter in 32 years of watching of the club. Whoever is appointed will be a backward step IMO. I think there are still some fans who don't appreciate quite how good Potter has been and how lucky we've been to watch the football we have. I didn't really mind selling any player as I was confident Potter would still get us performing - he made us greater than the sum of our parts.

I will wholeheartedly support the new manager/head coach and obviously hopefully whoever it is will be able to get us close to the performance levels under Potter but personally I think the last year has been as good it will get for us in this era of massive financial dominance by the big clubs. I hope I'm wrong and I can come out my current depression about the situation!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Sad, deflated, and can't work up any excitement for the new manager yet. I assume that will change when the speculation takes off.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Excited? Not really.

We're in the process of losing the manager that has got us to the highest level I have ever witnessed, got us holding our own (and more) against the biggest teams and punching WAY above our weight. I love his self-deprecating style and the way he conducts himself in general. I love the style of our football too. Not all of that will be lost, but it's hard to see the change being positive across the board when the benchmark is set so high.

It would be asking a lot for the next manager to surpass all of that, so the realist in me is expecting a dip.

It's part of life - an upward trajectory is never smooth (witness the winless streaks despite the overall progress), so I am not all doom and gloom and expecting Armageddon, BUT it will inevitably take the new manager time to settle in, so expect the next 6 months to be less successful than they would have been if our Graham stayed/stays.

So no, I am not excited at the prospect of us having a less successful season than we would have had.

I am interested to see who we'll get though, and will get fully behind them (unless it's that utter c*** Mourinho, which I am pretty sure is unlikely :))

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Only positive I can think of is the Season ticket waiting list will be gone, and you can get a seat anywhere you want next season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
No, I’m more depressed than yesterday. I didn’t think that at 41 football could bother me this much anymore.

Seeing a clip on SSN of Potter celebrating the 5th goal on Sunday was like watching the wedding video when the wife has just run off with the wealthy neighbour. How were we so happy just so recently!! 😂😂

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I can't believe that you've been excited about anything in your life. Probably only excited that you've got a new manager to moan and complain about.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m a firm believer in not worrying about things you can’t change. Time to focus now on getting the next appointment right and continuing the progression.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, I’m more depressed than yesterday. I didn’t think that at 41 football could bother me this much anymore.

Seeing a clip on SSN of Potter celebrating the 5th goal on Sunday was like watching the wedding video when the wife has just run off with the wealthy neighbour. How were we so happy just so recently!! 😂😂

Likewise…but I’ve even less of an excuse being older :facepalm:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why? Why would anyone be excited?

So that we can secure another good manager and start progressing again and then guess what? Rinse and repeat, the vultures come circling, I normally like to see the positive side of things but there’s literally no positive side to Potter leaving, it totally destabilises everything the club has built since we hired him.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Don't accuse me of burying my head in the sand but I won't think anything until it's officially announced that Potter has gone.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No. I was really excited about this season and where we could go - and the first few games cemented that hope and ambition.

Now? All feels very flat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here