Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If the idea of people talking about cancelling their season tickets upsets you so much then maybe don’t open a thread with the title of this one.

Absolutely this. Its all he has done. Bitch about others not renewing. He needs to remember it's a forum. People are entitled to have there views. If people don't want to renew due to transportation fine, or results,or cost etc. Fine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s another easy addition to the excuses list for anyone that can’t be bothered to go any more……..seems to me that most of those giving up have a cumulative drip-feed of things that eventually combine to tip the balance. If we’d won 10 in a row at home instead of not winning in 10 this thread probably wouldn’t exist. The ebbs and flows of performances and results over seasons, let alone a few months, are a normal part of following a team for me though so wouldn’t impact my decision :shrug:

A little insensitive that I assume people have STs because they want to go, and are posting because they don’t actually want to give up going. I think you’re right it is a balance and an accumulation of factors that build toward making a decision, not one thing.

Think the financial side, both current economic climate and football costs in general is a huge factor. Also not going for a year and a half or so changed habits. As someone else said to you, if you have no interest in giving up your ST, why bother with a thread about giving up STs? :shrug:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
For the first time, and it's mad given our current position, I am just getting a bit bored of it.

Could be my age, could be the run of form of course but it feels like a bit of a chore these days. Never has done before in my previous 35 years of ST ownership.

We were actually talking yesterday about just coming to 6 or 7 games a season but making a real day of it. Rest of the time head down to a non league game for a pint and some football chat.

Finally, the thing I loved about football - the best bit, was that unbridled feeling you get the moment after we score... VAR has taken that away.

That's my two penneth.

I'll probably renew though!!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair the novelty factor of the Premier League appears to have lasted longer than I thought.

We play in a very tough league with a lot of very good teams and we cannot compete financially with most of them, yesterday our visitors had a £40m sub on the bench that didn't get on this field.

Perhaps those bored of the Premier League style never fully anticipated the reality of it for the smaller clubs.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
3/13 wins at home this season
4/19 wins at home in 20/21
5/19 wins at home in 19/20
6/19 wins at home in 18/19
7/19 wins at home in 17/18

Home form is shocking and it’s no surprise some STHs are having second thoughts.

Anyway, I’ll be renewing and am looking forward to a w/end in Newcastle next weekend.

The football is becoming a side issue as our season peters out like a disappointing wet fart.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Home form is shocking and it’s no surprise some STHs are having second thoughts.

Anyway, I’ll be renewing and am looking forward to a w/end in Newcastle next weekend.

The football is becoming a side issue as our season peters out like a disappointing wet fart.

P13 W3 D5 L5

Not great but 14 pts from 13 isn’t shocking either, we’ve lost the same number at home as Wolves.

Trouble is, the PL for everyone else is a target of 40-60 pts. A 50 point season is 12 wins 14 draws 12 defeats - top 10 isn’t pretty for an entire season and involves losing 1/3 of your games - that’s for a 50pt top half successful campaign.

Unfortunately for our home fans, our away form puts us top 8. But this is the top flight, it’s never going to be a 38 game consistent run of good form.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I will renew but with the very poor home form and dire performances last 2 games it is not the best time for club to be selling renewals. Especially at a time transport has been so poor and grumbles about sharing scheme.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
P13 W3 D5 L5

Not great but 14 pts from 13 isn’t shocking either, we’ve lost the same number at home as Wolves.

Trouble is, the PL for everyone else is a target of 40-60 pts. A 50 point season is 12 wins 14 draws 12 defeats - top 10 isn’t pretty for an entire season and involves losing 1/3 of your games - that’s for a 50pt top half successful campaign.

Unfortunately for our home fans, our away form puts us top 8. But this is the top flight, it’s never going to be a 38 game consistent run of good form.

Home form is 16th in the table, away is 8th, as you say. Home form has not changed since promotion, which is the disappointment in terms of the team’s progress. It’s the away form that has put us into 10th place this season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

I'm sure Manfred Mann had song like this...5,4,3,2,1

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A little insensitive that I assume people have STs because they want to go, and are posting because they don’t actually want to give up going. I think you’re right it is a balance and an accumulation of factors that build toward making a decision, not one thing.

Think the financial side, both current economic climate and football costs in general is a huge factor. Also not going for a year and a half or so changed habits. As someone else said to you, if you have no interest in giving up your ST, why bother with a thread about giving up STs? :shrug:

Apologies, thought it was a point for discussion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two of our five are going - my mate's two kids' ones.

We got a season ticket to share between his daughter and mine as there was only one empty seat near us. The girls would rather play with one another than come to football separately.

His son, meanwhile, just wants to come on a game by game basis from now on. He's nearly sixteen and - and I quote, because it was the best laugh I had yesterday - "too busy sitting in a park smoking and fingering his girlfriend".

Me and The Boy will renew for sure. For all my slight whinging I miss the day out when I don't go, if not so much the football itself, while he bleeds so much blue and white that all those extra curricular teenage activities will have to be slotted in around The Albion (and preferably without me knowing about them).

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
STH, go to all home games religiously and most away. Not renewing a ST and being more selective such as mixing it up with non league has its attractions from a variety point of view. When it comes to it, I can see me on the iPhone checking our score or listening to Johnny/Warren and not focusing on what’s in front of me. I’d miss being in first tier points for away games - away games and days out this season have been brill.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I, for one, am pretty sick of Saturday 3pm home matches. They've been rubbish.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
We've got 3, if it was me I'd have binned them off. Only home game I have enjoyed this season was beating Leicester 2-1. Since then, it's been poor.

However, my fellow ST holders have said give it another season. So I will. I quite like the pies, so.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here