Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Completely agree with this, but not sure there was the realistic opportunity to strengthen significantly up front.

I think (hope) Undav may improve us next year and allow some proper striker rotation we shall see.

We potentially also have a number of players on loan that will have improved and perhaps be in contention next season.

With the games to play second half of the season Europe was always a long shot.

For me the sale of Burn (and Webster being injured) has cost us the opportunity to fully exploit Cucurella and Lamptey, Lamptey playing more as a right back than wing-back and Cucurella seeming to play more centrally depriving us of width and pace in the transition. I know we haven't always utilised this and broken quickly but this did allow us to stretch the oppostion, something we now lack.

I also think we look poorer without Mwepu playing

Agree with that and I would add Moder - he has been excellent for us this season and I am surprised he has not been playing more recently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect it to be two more defeats before we get a point :shrug:

The team are totally devoid of confidence and breaks

Gonna be a long haul to the end of the season imo

Am I despondent, do I want Potter sacked?

Nope

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I haven't read all the posts but have to ask,....

Did anyone seriously believe we were likely to turn around our bad run of results against Liverpool? Surely the damage was done in the 3-0 home defeat by Burnley (who today lost 2-0 away to Brentford)!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We are missing Webster hugely. Him back will make a huge difference and make the defence more solid together with the ability to pass through the lines from the back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reinforcements in January should've been a formality. Selling a player who had been playing regularly and playing well and not replacing him was criminal..

This. Nothing wrong with selling Big Dan Burn but not replacing him was the problem!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The only thing I’m concerned about is that we’re no longer enjoyable to watch. Earlier in the season, we’d give games a real go and always carry a threat. The past few games, we’ve looked like we could play each match for several centuries without scoring.

Will TB be concerned? I’d suggest probably so.

Will GP be concerned? From his individual career perspective, absolutely. With each passing week, his attractiveness to other clubs diminishes, IMO.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
TBH I am less concerned about this poor run in isolation but rather the home form over the last couple years - I am not sure that I ever go the Amex expecting us to score anymore, let alone win.

Thank f*** for our away performances

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Keep losing at home...when did we last score at home? Not playing great and style tippy tappy chess football is a turn off thankfully a high percentage of STH else gates would drop. A win against Rottenham would do wonders.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m not concerned we’ll go down. I am concerned that we won’t finish any higher this year than last. That early season set of wins masks bigger problems maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You must be ultra confident of a Spuds win of Wednesday.

Countless £100m’s spent on players ready to destroy Albion on the counter.

0-4.

Are you a betting man?

countless £100 millions, you know our chairman has been living under sanctions for the past 20 years lol

I expect a low quailty game between two sides that want the season to finish

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
countless £100 millions, you know our chairman has been living under sanctions for the past 20 years lol

I expect a low quailty game between two sides that want the season to finish

BA203060-EFF6-48A9-889B-FD0474C1554A.png

Plus internationals brought in on loan this January.

You’ll win. I’m thinking of dusting off my Betfair account.

Albion can’t score and are shite at the back without Webster.

Nailed on Spuds win.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I disagree. I think we can do better with what we have. We have a lot of decent players. Biss, Tross, Maupay, Mac Argie, Moder, Pocket Rocket, Cucu, Veltman. They are all international players from decent countries and can play.

But we're too SLOW.

We are so PREDICTABLE

Sanchez got the ball 4/5/6 times when Liverpool were all in our half. He stands there waiting for them to get back in shape to release the ball. Doesn't see the runs of Solly, Tross (who would have been 1 on 1),Maupay 2-3x and so on.

How many times did we go back to Sanchez from inside their half? 6-8-10-12 times?

How many times did Liverpool go back to Allison? I can't remember any, 2 or 3 at the most.

We are just slow and predictable. Been the same for game after game.

Totally agree that's why its a nonsense to say we need a striker to solve our problems - they are no use if you don't get the ball to them or you get the ball to them once the defence has got it self back and organised. People on here saying selling Burn was good business when at least he knew how to bring the ball forward and none of the toing and froing between Dunk & Sanchez. That tactic will only work if we can do it solidly for 90 mins and then we might get a point.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I'd be concerned if there was any realistic danger of relegation, but as there isn't, I am just disappointed in our bad run of form, when it looked likely we could achieve (at least) a top ten finish.
Sadly, that now seems highly unlikely.

Still mathematically possible to go down..........current form not looking great.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We are missing Webster hugely. Him back will make a huge difference and make the defence more solid together with the ability to pass through the lines from the back.

Fully agree, with Webster in a back three, he is the one to advance the ball into midfield, and also allows both Lamptey and Cucurella more freedom going forward than they have in a back 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here