Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else concerned

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yes.

Bloom will be too.

Whilst I'm pretty sure we'll stay up this season, this slump will concern Bloom a great deal and I think he'll realise that Potter may have reached his ceiling and replace him in the summer.

Nonsense. Also Bloom should carry some of the blame for this. You sell two if your best centre backs (one mid-season) and don’t replace either then you can’t complain if injuries bite you badly.

The BT sports team were saying the same.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Both Norwich and Leeds have lost their last five games too
Leeds have no goals and conceded plenty
plus they just parted company with their manager.
Let's see if that helps eh?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's beginning to feel very like Hughton's final season. No goals and can't buy wins.

Those 10 points gleaned out of the final 51 were generally grim, even with a derby win at Selhurst.

Surprisingly, as bad as that was, we only went on a 4 consecutive game losing streak during that period.

With 28 league games played so far, I thought I'd check on the stats per 7 game stretch.

Games 1-7: 14 points, 8 goals scored, 5 goals conceded.

Games 8-14: 5 points, 5 goals scored, 10 goals conceded

Games 15-21: 10 points, 9 goals scored, 7 goals conceded

Games 22-28: 4 points, 4 goals scored, 12 goals conceded

Clearly the last 7 games have been the worst of the lot in every respect.

The fact that Albion have only scored once in the last 5 games is also worrying.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nonsense. Also Bloom should carry some of the blame for this. You sell two if your best centre backs (one mid-season) and don’t replace either then you can’t complain if injuries bite you badly.

The BT sports team were saying the same.

Brave post sir.

Blaming TB for anything on this forum is close to sacrilege….

I agree with you btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep, the heady heights of what passes for aspiration in the PL

Scraping survival feels even worse than usual when you’ve had about two thirds of a great season to get there I expect

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yep, the heady heights of what passes for aspiration in the PL

With our budget and spending power, I don't expect anymore. I hope for better but too many fans need a reality check and look at what many clubs above us are spending compared to ourselves. I'm still proud that we can even compete in the best league in the world. If you want to see us spend a bit more then feel free to donate £100m or more to the club. I'm sure Tony will take it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
With our budget and spending power, I don't expect anymore. I hope for better but too many fans need a reality check and look at what many clubs above us are spending compared to ourselves. I'm still proud that we can even compete in the best league in the world. If you want to see us spend a bit more then feel free to donate £100m or more to the club. I'm sure Tony will take it.

Nope, I would prefer to see us spend less and turn a profit every year. Don’t care if that means relegation. It’s the way a football club should be run. Also, I have no interest in further lining the pockets of footballers.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Not really, we are where we deserve to be, yes you get some bad and good luck throughout a season. Staying in this league is an achievement worthy of being proud of.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not really, we are where we deserve to be, yes you get some bad and good luck throughout a season. Staying in this league is an achievement worthy of being proud of.

Indeed, and I've no desire to see us relegated and struggling to get back up again. Not only that, some seem to think that it would be more exciting to see us win a few more games, should we go down. The reality is, there's no guarantee of even that - maybe League 1, if we keep all of our better current players?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With our budget and spending power, I don't expect anymore.

With the consistent failure to improve our striking options and selling defenders without replacements, I also don't expect anymore.

(I'm pretty sure you meant 'any more' as in 'any greater success' rather than 'any longer'. But for now, both meanings could apply.)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I disagree. I think we can do better with what we have. We have a lot of decent players. Biss, Tross, Maupay, Mac Argie, Moder, Pocket Rocket, Cucu, Veltman. They are all international players from decent countries and can play.

But we're too SLOW.

We are so PREDICTABLE

Sanchez got the ball 4/5/6 times when Liverpool were all in our half. He stands there waiting for them to get back in shape to release the ball. Doesn't see the runs of Solly, Tross (who would have been 1 on 1),Maupay 2-3x and so on.

How many times did we go back to Sanchez from inside their half? 6-8-10-12 times?

How many times did Liverpool go back to Allison? I can't remember any, 2 or 3 at the most.

We are just slow and predictable. Been the same for game after game.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Nonsense. Also Bloom should carry some of the blame for this.

Agreed. £50m for Webster and not going large on a goal scorer was a mistake. Conceivably he hoped that we would muddle through and maybe find a goal scorer or two on the cheap; meanwhile take some profit to cover his enforced Covid investment. Understandable but it is inconsistent with aim to be top 10 club.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indeed, and I've no desire to see us relegated and struggling to get back up again. Not only that, some seem to think that it would be more exciting to see us win a few more games, should we go down. The reality is, there's no guarantee of even that - maybe League 1, if we keep all of our better current players?

I’d like to see us win a few more games this season.

I want to see us get better, not worse, and not just be satisfied with losing a truckload of games on the basis we don’t need to win them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here