[Albion] Anyone else concerned

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I’d like to see us win a few more games this season.

I want to see us get better, not worse, and not just be satisfied with losing a truckload of games on the basis we don’t need to win them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I fully concur, but I'm pointing out that the same could happen even if we dropped a division.
I'm not satisfied, either, but that's more to do with our recent run than anything else.
I still feel we'll end up with our highest points total and/or highest place - and that's 'getting better', in my world.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Oh, I fully concur, but I'm pointing out that the same could happen even if we dropped a division.
I'm not satisfied, either, but that's more to do with our recent run than anything else.
I still feel we'll end up with our highest points total and/or highest place - and that's 'getting better', in my world.

trouble is in order to get those results we need to stop conceding goals (2 a match at present)AND find a way to score some goals 1 in however many games (which is ridiculous) sadly CH lowest ever points total of 36 seems a long way off for now. (and we are talking 3 points)

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We played pretty well against Newcastle, only last week - and scored. Our undoing was a mad few minutes, but the performance was actually okay.
As for today, it was probable that we'd lose and their first goal was well taken, but we'd had pretty much the better of the game until then.
It did take the wind out of a sails a bit, but hey ho....we didn't roll over for them at any point.

I thought Liverpool controlled the game today and had other gears if needed. Whilst we played it around nicely for the first 10 mins we never really looked threatening. The gulf in class was evident throughout and probably would have been reflected in the scoreline if Liverpool had been their usual clinical self.

Fairly predictable when you consider the status of the two sides

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The balance of the squad is all wrong. Look at that bench today. 5 centre midfielders but not a single attacking wide player and absolutely zero pace. We have two strikers with nothing to back them up. We have no cover for our wingbacks and unbelievably we are actually short at centre half.

Serious re-work needed in the summer with some of the young players needing to come in.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
trouble is in order to get those results we need to stop conceding goals (2 a match at present)AND find a way to score some goals 1 in however many games (which is ridiculous) sadly CH lowest ever points total of 36 seems a long way off for now. (and we are talking 3 points)

It really isn't, unless you think us incapable of scraping a mere 3 points from the next 10 games, which we are more than capable of doing, and I still reckon we'll finish with our highest total.

You can quote me on that, at the end of the season. :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m concerned that having our best PL season we weakened in January. Perhaps forget players and manager - the club decided it was okay to weaken in the window.

Brentford have just scored and added Eriksen who got the assist.

Villa and Newcastle on great runs all added in January (I know we can’t compete with their buying power)

This run directly relates to Burn going, Dunk suspended, Webster injured.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I thought Liverpool controlled the game today and had other gears if needed. Whilst we played it around nicely for the first 10 mins we never really looked threatening. The gulf in class was evident throughout and probably would have been reflected in the scoreline if Liverpool had been their usual clinical self.

Fairly predictable when you consider the status of the two sides

Yet until the goal, we'd had 3 attempts to their 1, and were looking the most likely to score....but then we often do, and it comes to nothing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am, thats 7 defeats in a row and its does not look good

I'm a little concerned that we have lost our last 5 league games in the same way I was quite content following our unbeaten run of 7 league games immediately prior to those defeats, but I guess that happens to Premier League teams who aren't in the battles at either end of the table :shrug:

Having watched them all, I believe we are looking better in the last 2 than the first 3

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I am, thats 7 defeats in a row and its does not look good

Yep agree , all down to losing Burn , has upset the balance of the team , also affected by Webster being injured , have lost 2 of our ball playing CH , and have not replaced them . That is White and Burn .
Big mistake from the management not to replace them

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reinforcements in January should've been a formality. Selling a player who had been playing regularly and playing well and not replacing him was criminal. It's all very well bringing in players for the future but ffs, we needed more quality straight away. The squad needs a proper clear-out in Summer along with 3 or 4 new signings to go along with the loanees coming back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep agree , all down to losing Burn , has upset the balance of the team , also affected by Webster being injured , have lost 2 of our ball playing CH , and have not replaced them . That is White and Burn .

Said this a page or 2 previous.

Look at the teams suddenly doing well, strengthened. Even Burnley replaced what they lost. Brentford today inspired by Erikson who stuck the first straight on Toni’s head.

Even it it’s not a huge name / signing, you maybe need a fresh face to liven up the squad. We weakened ares with the loss of a key player.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
I’m concerned that having our best PL season we weakened in January. Perhaps forget players and manager - the club decided it was okay to weaken in the window.

Brentford have just scored and added Eriksen who got the assist.

Villa and Newcastle on great runs all added in January (I know we can’t compete with their buying power)

This run directly relates to Burn going, Dunk suspended, Webster injured.

Completely agree with this, but not sure there was the realistic opportunity to strengthen significantly up front.

I think (hope) Undav may improve us next year and allow some proper striker rotation we shall see.

We potentially also have a number of players on loan that will have improved and perhaps be in contention next season.

With the games to play second half of the season Europe was always a long shot.

For me the sale of Burn (and Webster being injured) has cost us the opportunity to fully exploit Cucurella and Lamptey, Lamptey playing more as a right back than wing-back and Cucurella seeming to play more centrally depriving us of width and pace in the transition. I know we haven't always utilised this and broken quickly but this did allow us to stretch the oppostion, something we now lack.

I also think we look poorer without Mwepu playing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed.

While I don’t blame a man that has invested £500M into his local team , and trying to offset £67M account loses for trying to balance the books - selling Dan Burn looks every part a bad deal as selling Ashley Barnes in January for £500k

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Panic theee not!

We have lots of exciting loaner youngsters in Europe who are just itching to come over to England to be sent out on loan to Rotherham and Coventry

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Absolutely. Obvious, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports