Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Concerned...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Your right anyone could fail. Hughton won this division, Warnock won this division(several times), Sherwood won this division(as a player), Mackay won this divsion and so the list goes on. Garcia said as recently as April that he would be better equipped next season, as he never realized what this division was all about(and he took over a very good side) when he took the job. Every appointment is a gamble of course but why go down the route of taking the biggest gamble of them all??? If we appoint Clement I hope he brings us exciting attacking great football and is a success, as I do with any manager. But I predict the job will be to much for him, players will not respect the fact he has never played the game, let alone managed a team and he will be gone by March and we will be in a relegation scrap....This team needs major rebuilding and I don't think a director of football, with no previous experience of dealing with senior pro's before coming here and a man that has never managed a team, let alone one in the championship are the people to rebuild it.

Perhaps best just to trust Bloom? If Clement is the chosen one then he will have interviewed well and impressed. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone is a gamble. How about, whoever is chosen, just supporting him for the season rather than telling us you told us so after every defeat and then keeping quiet after every win?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Excited, not concerned:
- we've got rid of a manager who did not know the meaning of "exciting football"
- we can find a better goalie than Kuz
- We have got rid of Andrews and Spanish Dave ... and Rodrigues

We will sign a much better manager who, working with the backroom Albion team, will identify and sign players good enough to complement the current squad and push for automatic promotion next season. No more Obikas, Andrews, Litas, Agusteins, Rodrigues.

What's not to look forward to?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps best just to trust Bloom? If Clement is the chosen one then he will have interviewed well and impressed. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone is a gamble. How about, whoever is chosen, just supporting him for the season rather than telling us you told us so after every defeat and then keeping quiet after every win?

I suppose my main point here, is I would be more pro Clement, if we hadn't gone down the same route with Oscar. True Oscar had managed before but not in this country in this league, which is a very difficult league to cut your teeth in. Oscar admitted he didn't realize what the league was all about and now on the face of it, we are going down the same path again.....and Oscar took over a far better side, than the next man will. We need someone who knows exactly the type of players required to be a success in this league, who's going to pick them??? David Burke?????? Don't make me laugh, it sounds like the blind, leading the blind at the moment. A recipe for disaster.....But let's wait and see, hopefully someone within the power base at the club has got their head screwed on and realizes what we need to get out of this division and not the wrong way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here