Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Concerned...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Which direction are we going?

We've released our top earners to reduce our wage bill. FFP seeks to reduce wage bills which are causing clubs to be financially unstable. Do you want us to be financially stable because a few fans are worried we have to wait a little while longer to get to the premier league?

What concerns me is the fact that so many people seem to be worried. Why? What of? It's rather embarrassing. There's also tons of other threads on the same subject.

This club will never reach the premier league all the while it is being run as it is

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm concerned if we appoint an ex PE Teacher as our manager, in the most competitive league in Europe. And it looks like that's the way it's going. He has just admitted on sky that he thought he was out of his depth as a coach, a while ago...I really can't believe anyone would be so stupid, as to make this happen.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have never been less worried about the direction we are going in the 48 years I have been watching us

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm concerned if we appoint an ex PE Teacher as our manager, in the most competitive league in Europe. And it looks like that's the way it's going. He has just admitted on sky that he thought he was out of his depth as a coach, a while ago...I really can't believe anyone would be so stupid, as to make this happen.

If it's Clement are you going to try and push the 'ex-PE Teacher' tag in every post because you can't use the 'not British' tag this season? You may as well put it in your signature if so, it'll save you the bother of typing it after each draw or defeat.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You're so clever. He must be terrible as no big club will employ him. Oh sorry, I just realised he's worked at Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid. But obviously you know better than them.

Does it ever get boring being so negative? Is there a manager you would approve of?

Clement could fail if he came here but so could any manager. Why write him off when he hasn't even been appointed yet?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The player clearout was clearly planned, so I would imagine that this is all under control. The only spanner has been the manager going, but that will be rectified shortly I am sure. Personally, I find all this rather exciting, the anticipation of who we will appoint and which gems/donkeys we sign.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Jose Mourinho?

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Who ever is the manager, they'll have to be able turn a bunch of strangers into a decent team - which to my mind is the main ingredient for success, just hope we don't have to wait until xmas for it to happen! Hence the general anxt about the skills of the candidates out there! Any Pullis clones available? ;-)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You're so clever. He must be terrible as no big club will employ him. Oh sorry, I just realised he's worked at Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid. But obviously you know better than them.

Does it ever get boring being so negative? Is there a manager you would approve of?

Clement could fail if he came here but so could any manager. Why write him off when he hasn't even been appointed yet?

Your right anyone could fail. Hughton won this division, Warnock won this division(several times), Sherwood won this division(as a player), Mackay won this divsion and so the list goes on. Garcia said as recently as April that he would be better equipped next season, as he never realized what this division was all about(and he took over a very good side) when he took the job. Every appointment is a gamble of course but why go down the route of taking the biggest gamble of them all??? If we appoint Clement I hope he brings us exciting attacking great football and is a success, as I do with any manager. But I predict the job will be to much for him, players will not respect the fact he has never played the game, let alone managed a team and he will be gone by March and we will be in a relegation scrap....This team needs major rebuilding and I don't think a director of football, with no previous experience of dealing with senior pro's before coming here and a man that has never managed a team, let alone one in the championship are the people to rebuild it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Your right anyone could fail. Hughton won this division, Warnock won this division(several times), Sherwood won this division(as a player), Mackay won this divsion and so the list goes on. Garcia said as recently as April that he would be better equipped next season, as he never realized what this division was all about(and he took over a very good side) when he took the job. Every appointment is a gamble of course but why go down the route of taking the biggest gamble of them all??? If we appoint Clement I hope he brings us exciting attacking great football and is a success, as I do with any manager. But I predict the job will be to much for him, players will not respect the fact he has never played the game, let alone managed a team and he will be gone by March and we will be in a relegation scrap....This team needs major rebuilding and I don't think a director of football, with no previous experience of dealing with senior pro's before coming here and a man that has never managed a team, let alone one in the championship are the people to rebuild it.

I agree 100% with this part.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry are you genuinely saying that none of those names you mentioned could possibly fail. Hughton got Newcastle promoted with a team that cost a lot. Mackay had a similar budget at Cardiff. Warnock failed to get Leeds promoted in his last job. Sherwood has no experience of managing in the Championship and didn't do a great job at Spurs, in my view.

I'm not saying Clement will definitely succeed but if he does get it, I will support him and hopefully he would be good.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry are you genuinely saying that none of those names you mentioned could possibly fail. Hughton got Newcastle promoted with a team that cost a lot. Mackay had a similar budget at Cardiff. Warnock failed to get Leeds promoted in his last job. Sherwood has no experience of managing in the Championship and didn't do a great job at Spurs, in my view.

I'm not saying Clement will definitely succeed but if he does get it, I will support him and hopefully he would be good.

Read my first line again.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Before anyone starts giving me abuse, I'm a positive Albion fan and I know it's not even pre-season yet, but I'm slightly perturbed with the fact we are unsure of which direction we are going in ?

Is it just me...?
No it's the cricket season and the World Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here